#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

while I didn't care for Godzilla, I feel kind of bad for it, that drop almost more harsh than it deserves. 

Could have good legs in the long run.  Want it to succeed for approval of the next Godzilla movie, which they already gave the go ahead anyways.  But still need to justify a bigger budget for more monsters and stuff for better returns from ticket sales.

GODZILLA could never make another penny and still be a hugely successful franchise re-starter. While the drops may be bigger than initially expected, so was the opening. It all balances out.

Still, what gives for that type of drop? This weekend usually is nice to holdovers.

:mellow: Terrible. It may not top $210m now.

Thank god Hannibal has saved my weekend.

Just even thinking about that makes me even more sad about Godzilla's BO this weekend.  :(  :(  :(  :(

• Like 1

GODZILLA could never make another penny and still be a hugely successful franchise re-starter. While the drops may be bigger than initially expected, so was the opening. It all balances out.

Well, if they decide to let Edwards have the director's chair again, then we might not see a sequel until 2018. A 4 year wait plus poor WOM? I don't think a Godzilla 2 would do particularly well in that situation.

Smaller opening with good legs would've been a MUCH better outcome, for the sequel's sake

I'm curious bout the hold tomorrow. People and families are out on mini-vacations and camping trips. Surely that will affect the BO.