#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Good point Kal.  But if that # is true that's way to harsh of a drop.  I mean everyone and their momma went and saw it last weekend, I mean I know X men is very popular but I guess the demo's are just too similar.  I'm going on Sunday to see Godzilla but I'm floored by that #, WOM can't be that bad so I'm just scratching my head.  There were tons of X-men sellouts all over the country too, where was the spill over to Godzilla.  I just don't get that Friday #.  How do you do 38 Million Friday and drop to 8 the next week.  Something ain't right.

Lets hope that its miss print Film scholar buddy ;) lol.. Still theres alot of rain storm and flooding on the Eastside, could that have hurt spillover to Godzilla in areas where folks have to drive distances in the rain? We know diehard movie fans are

going to try to get into this mighty team of Xmen, but I think for those planning to see Godzilla  maybe not so much.

I hope those numbers are way off.. I may have to see Godzilla again before Xmen, just to lend the big guy some extra

rebound energy..

Oh happy memorial Weekend filmscholar buddy!! Same goes to my Champions Captain Jack, Number 75 alive--alivee!,  Heatvision, JGAR Mulder, The might hammer

wielding Telemachos, the beautiful Estasy, Neo , BKB the marvel and godzilla warrior, ED, Shawn, Baumerman, Bballman,

and all our family here. We are rocking!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

How so? Tele's avatar is Laurence Olivier. Sam had a mental image of Olivier holding Thor's hammer. I was just playing around with that a bit :P.

Uh huh!

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

People have been remarkably cavalier in the past, at times. That doesn't mean we shouldn't endeavor to do better. There are repeated times when various spoilers have threatened to get so out of hand that Shawn has to step in and threaten major action. Why should it get to that point?In terms of your specific question, a very generalcomment that's fairly vague might slip by where a more specific one would not.Using this example:

Saying you'd have loved to see more GODZILLA is fine. Saying that he doesn't show up until XX minutes from the end is not (even if you're being somewhat facetious).

Again, this is a general numbers thread. It is not specific to any movie, but it gets a lot of traffic over the weekend. Therefore, we should all be more careful about what we're about any new release.

That still sounds like a really blurry line to me quite honestly, so I guess I'll have to start spoiler tagging everything when commenting on a movie to be on the safe side.

So why didn't you spoiler tag that post then? See how tricky the line gets if we're being this strict?

hmm i guess it's ok cause

he didn't specify the time in his post.

edit: but it can get tricky. best to be safe. i am editing this post too  ;)

Edited by a2k

Lol Captain beat the crap out of Spidey and its well deserved. Especially when you consider how much

SM2 2014 cost to make lol vs its BO tally..LOl

It made an impressive amount. It even beat MOS.

Godzilla better hit 9M.Deadline is expecting a good hold for DOFP tomorrow.

He will ED... We will survive the Xmen..Godzilla doesnt Bowwww.....HE ROARRRRRS BABY!!!! THIS ISNT DONE BY A LONGSHOT!!

All Hail King Godzilla!! Come on Godzilla rebound with the power of movie fans!! :) 50+M 4 day come on!