Dementeleus

Thurs #s 5/29: DOFP 4.9, Godz 1.8, Neigh 1.2 (Rth), Blend 1, AMWTD .9 (spatula) | Happy birthday eXtacy (but not ECSTACY)

Nah, it's gonna get another 25-30m in weekends and around the same amount in weekdays before it's pulled from theaters.

Try 30m this weekend Telenachos bud. The storm has cleared away and Godzilla is free to stomp again

• Like 7

LOL

Anyway I wanna see dat A Million Ways to Flop in the West #

I feel like McFarlace has a pretty solid legion of fans who unfortunately are under the horribly misguided notion that he's funny. So therefore I have a hard time believing it will flop too bad.

• Like 1

Nah, it's gonna get another 25-30m in weekends and around the same amount in weekdays before it's pulled from theaters.

Pulled!!! Not when its run is over or when it leaves theaters. Nope. Instead, Telemachos says Pulled. So, another 25-30 M before it is dragged kicking and screaming against its Will to the exit and thrown out of theaters, with the door slammed shut behind it.

• Like 1

I feel like McFarlace has a pretty solid legion of fans who unfortunately are under the horribly misguided notion that he's funny. So therefore I have a hard time believing it will flop too bad.

:rolleyes:

Oh please! I'm not a big fan of Seth's but even I laughed a few times at A Million Ways To Die In The West.

• Like 1

According to notfabio on HSX, at the usual megaplex, it only sold around 155 tickets versus Ted which sold 800+. His fans, at least on Thursday, are not showing up.

Edited by The Movieman
  • Like 1

LOL I don't know how many times you have to tell people this.

At least one more time.

I didn't know it.

I do now however I''m on my 3rd night of fighting a bulky server and after tonights failure to fix it I'm either going to start drinking or grab a double jack, hop in my F150... and head down to the Texas data center and teach the server a lesson.

In either case the next time a big movie opens I'll forget that... much like the Genie... RTH has limitations.  :ph34r:

Edited by AndyLL
  • Like 1

According to notfabio on HSX, at the usual megaplex, it only sold around 155 tickets versus Ted which sold 800+. His fans, at least on Thursday, are no showing up.

It's also a western which doesn't necessarily help.

People who show up to a movie aren't necessarily a fan of that director or actor, it just means the movie looked interesting or good to them.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

I knew Ted was gonna break out in 2012 (I think I was one of 4 or 5 people who had it in the summer game) but I'm just not feeling the buzz here. I think McFarlane playing himself is actually more of a turnoff for audiences than a draw

• Like 2

Cap2 sucess is only driven because of how big the Avengers was. and this Cap2 movie  was sold as a direct sequel to the avengers (nick fury, black widow and the helicar all on the trailers and posters) so , without that two thing cap2 will be a mess like the first one

Sure, 'cause Fury, Widow and a big ass ship were the reasons TA made +600m. Please...

• Like 7

Godzilla will be about $7m ahead of ASM2 on Thur but after the w/e might be just $3-4m ahead and it's dropping faster.  ASM2 is currently pacing at TDW's $206m (without the late X-Mas holiday boost).  Not sure Godzilla has another $50-60m in it.  Might be closer to $40m

• Like 1

It's also a western which doesn't necessarily help.

People who show up to a movie aren't necessarily a fan of that director or actor, it just means the movie looked interesting or good to them.

No, it doesn't help at all.

• Like 1

McFarlane gives such smug douche vibes, even in his cartoons. A flop might be healthy for him.

Thank you! I always get the feeling he thinks he's just hilarious and the shit, and I always want something to ground him. But unfortunately he seems to have a decent amount of success with most of his stuff...

• Like 1

I knew Ted was gonna break out in 2012 (I think I was one of 4 or 5 people who had it in the summer game) but I'm just not feeling the buzz here. I think McFarlane playing himself is actually more of a turnoff for audiences than a draw

Hope so, though not sure why him being in it would be a turnoff for his fans? But hopefully the Western curse will rear it's ugly head.

• Like 1