Dementeleus

Thurs #s 5/29: DOFP 4.9, Godz 1.8, Neigh 1.2 (Rth), Blend 1, AMWTD .9 (spatula) | Happy birthday eXtacy (but not ECSTACY)

This will be year number 5. 2010: Iron Man 2 2011: Thor 2012: The Avengers 2013: Iron Man 3 2014: Captain America: The Winter Soldier Before anyone asks, yes I did enjoy typing this response and no I did not request that JohnnyGossamer ask this question.

If you want to count X-Men as Marvel, goes back to 2009 as well.
  • Like 1

Wait a minute, will Godzilla 98 sell more tickets than Godzilla 2014?

That's mind blowing...and mind numbing.

I guess people didn't really fancy Godzilla 2014 that much. Which is fine I guess, we can't all like/love the same things.

Edited by Deathlife
  • Like 1

WB has done such a  poor job marketing EoT it's almost hard to believe it's the same studio that promoted the hell out of Godzilla.  But then they pulled the same bipolar shit with MOS and PR.  Why would they under promote a film that costs them $180m and stars Tom Cruise?  And it's not as if it was a stinker:

Currently on RT

RT: 94 

Average Rating: 7.8/10

Fresh: 31 | Rotten: 2

• Like 5

Wait a minute, will Godzilla 98 sell more tickets than Godzilla 2014? That's mind blowing...and mind numbing. I guess people didn't really fancy Godzilla 2014 that much. Which is fine I guess, we can't all like/love the same things.

Like I said, If it makes it to between 210 and 218m, it will have sold about the same share of tickets of the year.
  • Like 1

DoFP has been very similar to FF6 except for the Sunday where it held much better. Their daily drops,

FF6    -18%   -15% -27% -59% -28% -13%(4.99m)

DoFP -17.5% -11% -24% -58% -30% -14%(4.9m)

DoFP was 3m behind on od(35.5m vs 38.7m) and at par now. So it has been doing better. Nothing to worry here. There will be some front-loading in the first few days after a big 4-day weekend. It should stabilize by next weekend and wouldn't care for big drops till then.

Edited by a2k

Considering Malef did that on a school night, $3m+ is not bad at all.

I think those at the midnight will mostly be young adult girls, which cannot be underestimated (remember twilight). Its hard to gauge what this will translate to, could still be lower than Oz

• Like 1

that $3 mil number for Maleficent is kind of meh.  It's not great, but definitely not bad, so just kind of there.  Nothing from that can be used to figure out the weekend, but I am sure that won't stop people from trying anyway ;)

• Like 1