Dementeleus

Thurs #s 5/29: DOFP 4.9, Godz 1.8, Neigh 1.2 (Rth), Blend 1, AMWTD .9 (spatula) | Happy birthday eXtacy (but not ECSTACY)

Hope so, though not sure why him being in it would be a turnoff for his fans? But hopefully the Western curse will rear it's ugly head.

Cuz he's just playing his boring shiny douchebag self and it's front and center. Usually he's just doing goofy voices in his stuff

• Like 2

Godzilla will be about $7m ahead of ASM2 on Thur but after the w/e might be just $3-4m ahead and it's dropping faster. ASM2 is currently pacing at TDW's $206m (without the late X-Mas holiday boost). Not sure Godzilla has another $50-60m in it. Might be closer to $40m

Weekends:136.53.52.21.426.5 and changeWeekdays:1.8-1.9-1.5-1.3 = 5.61-1.1-.8-.8 = 3.7.5-.6-.35-.4 = 1.8511 and change That's 36m right there. It's at 162 right now. You don't think it'll get another 2?
  • Like 3

Weekends:136.53.52.21.426.5 and changeWeekdays:1.8-1.9-1.5-1.3 = 5.61-1.1-.8-.8 = 3.7.5-.6-.35-.4 = 1.8511 and changeThat's 36m right there. It's at 162 right now. You don't think it'll get another 2?

With those drops it should but I haven't seen anything in yet that shows me it's going to start dropping 50% or less and start stabilizing.  It made $5m less on it's 2nd w/e than ASM2 even with a softer Sun, and only $3m more even with Memorial Day Monday.   It's weekday drops from last week range from $57.5% to 61%  and it's weekend drop looks to be 58-60%

• Like 2

With those drops it should but I haven't seen anything in yet that shows me it's going to start dropping 50% or less and start stabilizing.  It made $5m less on it's 2nd w/e than ASM2 even with a softer Sun, and only $3m more even with Memorial Day Monday.   It's weekday drops from last week range from $57.5% to 61%  and it's weekend drop looks to be 58-60%

I don't think we can extrapolate consistent weekly numbers based off one week's drops. It also will start having the benefit of summer weekdays to stretch those late legs a tad.
  • Like 1

As i said previously, DOFP is part of a mature franchise.  It's the 4th direct sequel since X Men1 and just like for the HP serie, it won't increase significantly at this stage but stabilize.  It's very difficult to bring in new fans when a sequel is at this stage on its life span. 

Since this movie is very good, the next one will increase but not by much because interrest in it has waned a lot during those years.

Plus people need to root for a character/actor to be hooked and follow him en Masse.    And when Wolverine, the chosen leader can't do numbers like Batman, Spider Man, Super Man, Iron Man, Cap, Thor, then you know that the team has a lot of traction to do to increase singnificantly the interest of the general audience beyond the core fans as its leader has a thin fanbase (relatively) among the current A & B list characters.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

yes you can talk about doom and gloom all you want or there is another theory about why the drops are so big this week. And that theory is these are normal drops. After a holiday weekend people have spent a lot of money on movies over Friday Saturday and Sunday. So of course he drops are going to be significant during the week. Look at previous Memorial Weekend openers. X Men is behaving pretty much identically too fast and furious. So nothing to see here these are not the droids you're looking for....move along.

• Like 8

the funny thing about Godzilla is that it was not a good movie in my opinion is having terrible legs its going to fall again this weekend hard to the only thing it really had was a fantastic marketing campaign to get people into theaters. That's it.

• Like 1

the funny thing about Godzilla is that it was not a good movie in my opinion is having terrible legs its going to fall again this weekend hard to the only thing it really had was a fantastic marketing campaign to get people into theaters. That's it.

We know. You've said that again and again.

Bye, Felicia.

Edited by Clairezilla Hol7
  • Like 4

So what's the spin going to be this weekend when X-MEN falls significantly to Angelina Jolie and her movie and it will to???

First off, Maleficent is not going to hurt X-Men nearly as bad as you seem to think it is. There are some pretty major shifts in demographics there. Secondly, when X-Men does drop 60-65% it's pretty much playing to the norm for the franchise. I hate to say this but what will really be the telling week for DOFP's legs will be how well it stabilizes on the third weekend. No, it probably won't make it to $250 million. How close it gets to it though depends on how well it stabilizes after that big second weekend drop.

Edited by Mango
  • Like 5

So what's the spin going to be this weekend when X-MEN falls significantly to Angelina Jolie and her movie and it will to???

there won't be any spin. X Men will fall exactly what everyone expects it to fall. Godzilla is the one that fell harder than a rock falling off a cliff. Edited by baumer
  • Like 6

Guess what 1998 Godzilla didnt have? 3D.Guess what else? IMAX.Having a great marketing team these days is more important than having a good movie. Thats all Godzilla needed to be considered a success.

• Like 2