Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

5:00pm Eastern Update:

Maleficent - 4.38

DOFP - 1.23

A Million Ways - 0.76

Reference Points:

Oz - 4.32

Alice- 9.2

Fast 6 (2nd Friday) - 0.93

so does this mean DOFP will have a higher number than Fast 6? If it is is I can only see slightly higher

Of course. I absolutely agree. But I view it the same way I view church crowds who go out to eat after Sunday worship: some of them complain that people shouldn't be working on a Sunday, yet they have no problem using the services those employees offer. What if every restaurant was closed on Sundays? Some of those same people would complain about not having anywhere to eat.

The same applies to box office. If no one reported early numbers, box office fans like us would be complaining that there are no numbers. And when there are early numbers, everyone complains they're inaccurate. It's a lose-lose situation.

Not when we have Spatula giving us real data. ;)  :D

• Like 2

so does this mean DOFP will have a higher number than Fast 6? If it is is I can only see slightly higher

When you're dealing with millions of dollars, 30+ % is not "slightly" higher.

• Like 2

what do you mean exactly.

Not sure if you were here for it, but both fast five and fast 6 had underestimated Fridays by a sizable margin, because the West Coast went absolutely bonkers with sellouts everywhere. Fast franchise owns the Wet Coast.

Should we change the thread title to estimated Fridays, 

Maleficent 25m+ | DOFP 12-14m? | MWTD 8-10m

I think we're better off with updated numbers as they come. This is a first in BOF history.

• Like 4

I think we're better off with updated numbers as they come. This is a first in BOF history.

This is a first in history. Ever  :ph34r:

Now, guys, I can Skype with you. Even being a Mod and shit  :ph34r:

• Like 1