Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

If only WB had put the same effort into marketing EOT as they did with Godzilla.

it's not even as much marketing as it is release date. A movie like this not based on preexisting material and being Sci Fi would likely get ignored in favor of the other movies out at the same time. Overseas it also has to contend with the World Cup

• Like 1

I see a lot more adults in the lines today than yesterday. Still the young teens dominate.

Teenage girls are obviously the biggest force driving the fandom and the opening day rush but more than 50% of the readership are adults who will probably come out later - after work and maybe after the squeal factor dies down a bit.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

I don't think every theater is like this. Oh but wait, you're in Dallas, lol. They had a crazy number of sell outs last night right?

Don't know didn't check.  Was at the 8pm showtime on Thurs.  But the line was long for Fault and it was on the other side of the building thank God.  Don't know about today.  Just the pics you showing me is like a propaganda thats scaring me to stay away and let Fault fans dominate.

• Like 1

Well, once you step out of the movie theater and watch it on a TV or even a big screen that's still tiny compared to the movie theater experience, it just doesn't have enough going for it to sustain the hype.

I get you, but I've seen it three times on Blu-Ray, and while it's obviously not the movie theater experience, the movie still takes my breath away even on the small screen.
  • Like 2

Edge of Tomorrow is flopping. Nothing can be done now. Oh well, it is WB's fault anyway

Have some faith the midnight opening wasn't so bad  and based off those midnights it should do anywhere from 32 to 50 over the weekend while it will definitely do closer to the 32 this movie may get some great legs a la NYSM and OS especially in Asia it is an unqualified success 

First Tele, now you?Are people REALLY this afraid of teenage girls?

They're frightening in a pack - even as a teenage girl I was afraid of them.  The high pitch high decibels alone are enough to frighten off other humans and most small animals.

• Like 6

Don't know didn't check.  Was at the 8pm showtime on Thurs.  But the line was long for Fault and it was on the other side of the building thank God.  Don't know about today.  Just the pics you showing me is like a propaganda thats scaring me to stay away and let Fault fans dominate.

Somebody posted in the Fault thread last night.

Gravity is overrated, and not a blockbuster really. 

Gravity is overrated?  Only to someone who thinks Adam Sandler, Michael Bay, or Roland Emmerich movies are great filmmaking.  Gravity is monumental.  I think I'll take its 7 Oscar wins in various categories over your favorite movies - which are all up for Nickelodeon or MTV awards.

They're frightening in a pack - even as a teenage girl I was afraid of them.  The high pitch high decibels alone are enough to frighten off other humans and most small animals.

Now that you mention it, i've seen tweets to that effect.

essie @jess_mess34 51s

The line at #TFIOS makes me want to punch myself in the face. Way too many teenage girls at once

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Gravity is overrated?  Only to someone who thinks Adam Sandler, Michael Bay, or Roland Emmerich movies are great filmmaking.  Gravity is monumental.  I think I'll take its 7 Oscar wins in various categories over your favorite movies - which are all up for Nickelodeon or MTV awards.

The condescension is strong with this one

• Like 15

Especially when they want to talk to each other and others get louder they respond in kind.

• Like 1

Uncalled for. 

• Like 3