Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

i can see closer to 40m if 20m is indeed true (which is way off from rth's earlies so may not be), it's 8.2 + 11.8 on friday.

so 8.2 + 11.8 + 12 + 8.5(-29%) would be 40.5m

Yeah, if 20M is true, I could see that happening. I think Friday # will be higher like Rth said earlier. 

• Like 1

Yeah, if 20M is true, I could see that happening. I think Friday # will be higher like Rth said earlier. 

Still early in the day...West Coast still has their part to play not to mention quite early for East Coast as well...

Same, bb.

I'm getting annoyed.

Get that female cash, TFIOS. Werk.

YASSS. All this testosterone can't handle the estrogen slayage.  Even though I wouldn't doubt them on the bad legs thing. Fans of comic book movies would be experts on the subject...

Posted Image

• Like 3

It might not drop by much on Sunday though. A 30% Saturday increase and then a 30% Sunday decrease would mean a 35.3M OW. It can be done. 

I forgot to add a 0, I edited to 30% Sat increase.

30% increase from 11m is a 55% increase from non-preview friday (9.2m)

30% increase from 9.2m (11.96m) and 30% drop on sunday(8.37m) would give a 31.33m ow.

not saying it's impossible. but am skeptical about 35m ow with 11m friday.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

30% increase from 9.2m (11.96m) and 30% drop on sunday(8.37m) would give a 31.33m ow.

I understand, hopefully it goes up to 12M+. The movie deserves it.

• Like 1

Early Friday Box Office: #1 YA's 'Fault In Our Stars' at $20M targeting $40M, #2 Tom Cruise's 'Edge Of Tomorrow' at $11M tracking for $35M.

Let's wait for actual numbers before the F word (front loading) is thrown around.

First of all, RTH is always more accurate than Nikki and secondly of course this is going to be frontloaded.  Two months ago, did anyone here, except maybe Blankments, think this would do 3 mill at midnight let alone 8?

• Like 4

First of all, RTH is always more accurate than Nikki and secondly of course this is going to be frontloaded.  Two months ago, did anyone here, except maybe Blankments, think this would do 3 mill at midnight let alone 8?

Actually, I did think it would do about as much as, or slightly more than, Divergent did at midnight. Which is why the actual Friday being lower than Divergent's actual Friday is seeming weird. Hopefully it finishes above 24M today.

Edited by grim22

I don't think it's going to be as front-loaded as some are saying. Twilight opened to $69M and it did a nice $192M DOM total. I think that had more reasons to be front-loaded than this film has.I think it'll have a big drop next week but stabilize after that. Also this film has much better reviews than Twilight. 

Edited by Godzilla likes Tom Cruise
  • Like 4

EOT has pretty much no shot at increasing anywhere near 30% tomorrow.  It's an opener.  Openers, unless they are kids movies, don't go up 30% in the summer on its first Saturday.

• Like 1

Actually, I did think it would do about as much as, or slightly more than, Divergent did at midnight. Which is why the actual Friday being lower than Divergent's actual Friday is seeming weird. Hopefully it finishes above 24M today.

Ok, so a few of you.  You know the point I'm making though.

talking about front-loading and teens and love, just a small shout out to Endless Love.

7.4m od, 13.3m ow, 23.4m dom.

of course, v-day made the front loading worse but it's still something isn't it..

Based on Nikki's projection that EOT will be #2 with $35 million, does that mean that MALEFICIENT will drop 50%+ percent this weekend?

for a second i thought you were bkb.

I've been gone for about five hours. What did I miss, aside from box office numbers?

rth's early projections

pics of teen girls in lines with a sole guy's head bobbing up somewhere

assumption that that sole guy in all lines could be baumer

gravity was great.

TDKR

estimates from v, thr, nikki

• Like 3