Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Nothing really new to report unless FIOS was to really takes off eve (which it would need to get as high as 14-15) ,ranges similar to before looking like there won't be to much between Malef,FIOS,EOT for Sat,Malef will prob be #1

• Like 17

Nothing really new to report unless FIOS was to really takes off eve (which it would need to get as high as 14-15) ,ranges similar to before looking like there won't be to much between Malef,FIOS,EOT for Sat,Malef will prob be #1

Fuck.

• Like 1

This seems good for EoT, 30 million + looks good.

• Like 1

Predators is responsible for one of the funniest complaints ever http://consumerist.com/2010/07/19/predators-shrink-ray-zapped-my-movie/  20th Fox replied The guy's explanation was brilliant. He paid money expecting 10 predators or so, but only asked for 4.80$ in refund because he did get 3 Predators. I wonder what the accountant at Fox wrote in their books about that.

I've been trying to get a refund on certain movies for years AND NOW I KNOW HOW!I'm getting my TASM2 money back, folks!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

Hopefully he makes Last Action Hero 2.

Man, he had such a great run with Predator, Die Hard, and Hunt for Red October all in a row. I doubt there's another director who's made three action/thriller films in a row that good.

Edited by Numbers the One True King
  • Like 4

Predators is responsible for one of the funniest complaints ever

http://consumerist.com/2010/07/19/predators-shrink-ray-zapped-my-movie/

20th Fox replied

The guy's explanation was brilliant. He paid money expecting 10 predators or so, but only asked for 4.80$ in refund because he did get 3 Predators. I wonder what the accountant at Fox wrote in their books about that.

:rofl:

I remember people talking about that deceptive scene and Robert Rodriguez saying they did that specifically for the trailer. 

• Like 1

I've been trying to get a refund on certain movies for years AND NOW I KNOW HOW!

I'm getting my TASM2 money back, folks!!!!!!!

Missing scenes from trailers are apparently valid enough to get refunds like this Jack Reacher case shows

http://www.wired.com/2013/04/jack-reacher-trailer-explosion-refund/

We’ve all been there: The slow, sad realization that that awesome scene in the trailer that convinced you to go and see a movie isn’t actually in the movie itself. It’s far from an uncommon occurrence, but a New Zealand man decided to take the matter to the next level when he realized that recent Tom Cruise actioner Jack Reacher was lacking one particular (but extremely brief) explosion promised by the trailer, complaining to the Advertising Standards Authority about the omission.

The result? Paramount Pictures, which made the movie, is offering to repay the cost of his ticket.

Calling the missing explosion “the defining part of the ad that made me really want to go see the movie … aside from having Tom Cruise in it,” the anonymous moviegoer — identified by the New Zealand ASA only as J. Congdon — took Paramount to task for removing “the defining part of the ad that made me really want to go see the movie.”

The studio responded that the trailer was released before the movie was completed, adding that “despite our best intentions, it is always possible that certain scenes appearing in an advertisement or trailer may not appear in the final version of a film.”

To avoid any potential bad publicity, Paramount independently offered Congdon his money back, leading to the ASA dropping the case.

I guess we all know what to do

:qotd:

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3

Man, he had such a great run with Predator, Die Hard, and Hunt for Red October all in a row. I doubt there's another director who's made three action/thriller films in a row that good.

It's weird that after all that, he makes...

Medicine Man.

• Like 1

I really enjoy how Predator starts out as a corny B-movie action flick like Commando, just with higher production values, and then all the shit starts to go down and things get turned on their head.

Commando was awesome movie.

The missing laser dots ain't nowhere near as deceptive as Harry deceiving us about Oscorp's practices

So you want this thread to go to that place...

Missing scenes from trailers are apparently valid enough to get refunds like this Jack Reacher case shows

http://www.wired.com/2013/04/jack-reacher-trailer-explosion-refund/

I guess we all know what to do

:qotd:

I also remember that explosion being all over the marketing and it wasn't in the movie.