Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

I didn't love EDGE as much as I was hoping to. :mellow:

First 5 minutes and ending are weak, but I mean, it's still pretty solid

...Pfisterite.

Edited by MrPink

But...giant anime sword!Whats wrong with people!

But his armor looks clunkier than that thing Tony made in that cave in Afghanistan with a box of spare parts. :P

The posters really don't convey the scope of the film and the trailers barely hint at the wit, cleverness or romance it supposedly has.

They'll say they bought tickets to FIOS thinking that was the sci-fi picture and EoT was the weepy about dying kids.

True story:

When I was in line yesterday to see EoT a couple in front os us bought tickets to "The Edge of Our Stars" and the girl gave them tickets, no questions asked. I still wonder which movie they meant and what tickets they got. :lol:

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

Playing as an Astro - I don't know if that's extreme loyalty or masochism.

Well, right now in the current season, we're #1 in batting average and RBI's thanks to me.

But we're dead last in ERA.

But his armor looks clunkier than that thing Tony made in that cave in Afghanistan with a box of spare parts. :P

The posters really don't convey the scope of the film and the trailers barely hint at the wit, cleverness or romance it supposedly has.

Would you be scared to know its already happening?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 2

I think we're on the same page on this one.

The trials and tribulations of expectations. If I was expecting shit, or was entirely neutral, I might be more enthusiastic. But I went in with high expectations, and they weren't entirely met. But, like I said, most of it is clever and fun and well-paced, and I'd like to see it do well.

Would you be scared to know its already happening?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Looks like we're on the right path to eventually building ride-able mechs. If we ever accomplish that, I'm joining the military no questions asked.

• Like 1

There is a 12:20am for TFIOS. Don't see that sticking around though, huge auditorium and no tickets sold yet. Unless they are overestimating demand for a late late night showing.

Posted Image

The 12:20am still doesn't have a single seat sold. Not sure what the theater was expecting when they programmed a movie targeted squarely at a teen audience at 12:20 in the night.

• Like 1

People keep riding on EoT's opening 5 minutes and ending but I loved both. 

The opening 5 minutes are the best piece of world-building since Pacific Rim's and the ending is so amazingly emotional because we've bonded with Cage and Emily Blunt's character.