Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

• Founder / Operator

More importantly, did he like "Edge of Tomorrow". Kind of disappointing that such a good movie will open so low. I am basically evangelizing the movie to everyone I know. Already got a lot of people saying they will watch it just because I was so positive about it. 

Checking out Edge in the next few days. Excited to see what the fuss is about. :)

• Like 2

I'm almost afraid to answer that. ;)

But, yes... overall, I thought it had more redeeming qualities than negative ones. It's not likely something I'll buy on Blu-ray (my personal litmus test)--unless it's $10 or less, but I had fun watching it in theaters. That's basically all I expected out of it. I like Edwards' potential.

I agree with your assessment. My major issue was that Edwards wanted to do the slow reveal, but he screwed that up completely. 

• Like 2

The first line of the novel tells you everyone knows how wealthy Darcy is. 

It's why the mother wants the father to go over and introduced himself.  They know how much he makes a year, what and where his estate is and who his relatives are.

Of course. It's not a secret.

• Founder / Operator

I agree with your assessment. My major issue was that Edwards wanted to do the slow reveal, but he screwed that up completely. 

I definitely had an issue or two on that end, but at the same time, it's the guy's first big feature and he had a huge task in front of him with even trying to make a halfway decent big-budget monster movie. I think he deserves a little bit of slack.

• Like 1

Sat atm eveerythings looking similar ranges with FIOS taking a dive which may recover depending on evenings 

Malef/FIOS 12-15, EOT 11-13

Thought so. Though looks like evenings are picking up a bit. That would be great for EOT to increase that much. 

• Like 2

Sat atm eveerythings looking similar ranges with FIOS taking a dive which may recover depending on evenings 

Wow, FIOS really dropped.  :o

Good for EoT though.  B)

• Like 3

I hope it goes to third place, with Maleficent on first and EoT in second, just because of how hilarious it will be.

• Like 1

11-13 is good for EOT. Hopefully it will end at high-end of the estimates like yesterday.

10.7+12.5+8.8(-30%) will give it 32m.

Edited by a2k

I don't see what the big deal is if Fault drops to 13-15.  Say it falls to 14.  That's a 22% drop from the Friday number.  All this means is that the book has a massive fanbase that was eager to see it on the first night.  

This stigma that a frontloaded film is some horrible thing for the film is just wrong.  It still puts Fault on pace for 50 mill weekend.  Why does it matter if it all comes on Friday or spread over the weekend?

This is what the studios want now.  They want their films to be front loaded.  It's not 1985 anymore.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 9