Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Honestly PR fans and EoT fans need to kind of come together. Both of their movies got royally fucked by WB in terms of marketing. 

PR I feel was never going to attract a wide audience is the thing. EoT though could've with better marketing.

• Like 3

The 12:20am still doesn't have a single seat sold. Not sure what the theater was expecting when they programmed a movie targeted squarely at a teen audience at 12:20 in the night.

Of course, I questioned that early in the day when they showed that.  I was like WTF.

This is what he has been pushing a lot in the past few weeks.

Apparently, the only thing that is not this generations Star Wars is the actual Star Wars series, which sucks.

I... haven't really seen him push that.

He's been on his Star Wars tirade recently, so I doubt he'll compare Guardians to it

If he had written that Pac Rim review today, he never would've compared it to Star Wars in any sort of positive way. Which makes it even more hilarious

• Like 2

so 100m is dead for EoT with that poor Sat I guess, sign of poor legs. I knew GA wouldnot turn back to support it when they already dumped it. Great legs for sci-fi action ? No such thing. It's a dead genre.

Hilarious drop for Fault. Lol. It might miss 100m as well ... 

Have some faith it takes more than a day for legs to develop I firmly believe this will be this years NYSM

I... haven't really seen him push that.

He's been on his Star Wars tirade recently, so I doubt he'll compare Guardians to it

If he had written that Pac Rim review today, he never would've compared it to Star Wars in any sort of positive way. Which makes it even more hilarious

He was on this summer box office preview show I watched. He predicted that Guardians of the Galaxy will earn over 300M. When asked why he said "Star Wars will be filming at that time, and people will want a space epic which can replace Star Wars, and I believe GOTG is the movie for that. It will be like Star Wars for this generation, and Peter Quill will be like the next Han Solo" (paraphrasing of course)

• Like 3

He was on this summer box office preview show I watched. He predicted that Guardians of the Galaxy will earn over 300M. When asked why he said "Star Wars will be filming at that time, and people will want a space epic which can replace Star Wars, and I believe GOTG is the movie for that. It will be like Star Wars for this generation, and Peter Quill will be like the next Han Solo" (paraphrasing of course)

I think Avatar qualifies as this generation Star Wars don't you

I really don't think EDGE's marketing was lousy.

The last couple of weeks it has been pretty good but overall it was pretty "meh". Like this movie was clearly an afterthought for them after Godzilla. I also wouldn't say the marketing was necessarily bad it just didn't sell the movie very well. 

Posted Image

• Like 2

It's basically the city of Green Bay that owns the team. But the team itself selects it's board of directors. For the rest of the fans it's a piece of paper they offer usually after a Super Bowl. It's fun and something to hang up

Ah ok. That's how it works! Thanks DAR.