Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

I mean, I really liked DOFP, and I'm sure I'll like Apocalypse. But at some point I'd kinda like an X-Men movie that's about the X-Men I grew up with from the cartoon, y'know? Like, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue and Gambit hanging out and dealing with some bad guy for two hours.

I'm with you 100 per cent.

I mean, I really liked DOFP, and I'm sure I'll like Apocalypse. But at some point I'd kinda like an X-Men movie that's about the X-Men I grew up with from the cartoon, y'know? Like, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue and Gambit hanging out and dealing with some bad guy for two hours.

Yes me too
  • Like 1

i watched John Carter today, he was decent, definitely has leading man potential(well 'had' at this point). it's an ok movie but i dunno why Disney thought this type of straight schlock would sell. if your movie is knee deep in genre it needs to either be visually spectacular(e.g. The Matrix), or deliver it with a wink and a nodge(MIB or most of Marvel). not many people are gonna take a movie with multi-armed green Martians seriously.

It was a reward to Andrew Stanton who was king of Pixar at the time. It was his first live action film and it was a big dream of his to make it. Unfortunately he ran over budget. There were some stories circulating around here when it was in production and pre-release.

• Like 1

Good movie, esp. the final act.

What, WWZ? I hate that third act. It would have been great in a dozen other zombie movies, but not here. You can tell it was re-done. Hell, a former co-worker, who hates background info on films and does not follow their development said "that was NOT the original ending, was it? They re-shot that, cause it's not the same damn movie".

What, WWZ? I hate that third act. It would have been great in a dozen other zombie movies, but not here. You can tell it was re-done. Hell, a former co-worker, who hates background info on films and does not follow their development said "that was NOT the original ending, was it? They re-shot that, cause it's not the same damn movie".

I liked it as it was by far the creepiest section of the movie. Tightly directed horror and didnt feel rushed imo

I liked it as it was by far the creepiest section of the movie. Tightly directed horror and didnt feel rushed imo

Well, that's kinda the problem. The rest of the movie did not feel "horror", and the third act completely put the brakes on, throwing the rider off and breaking his neck. And, personally, it didn't feel creepy or atmospheric either. As I said, I probably would have appreciated it more had it evolved from a different first two acts.

Well, that's kinda the problem. The rest of the movie did not feel "horror", and the third act completely put the brakes on, throwing the rider off and breaking his neck. And, personally, it didn't feel creepy or atmospheric either. As I said, I probably would have appreciated it more had it evolved from a different first two acts.

Fair enough. The disaster stuff was good too. Kind of an underrated movie if you ask me, I liked it.

Bummed I missed this game discussion since I left to see Edge of Tomorrow at 230.

Film was very good btw. Much funnier than I thought it would be.

Good Numbers, good. 

I created a thread about E3 in the Games section. What do you expect from the event?