Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Oblivion didn't have to deal with being that movie that...Looks like Oblivion.

Oblivion was the best movie of 2013. Really surprised that EOT would come in below it.

Though it looks like it will beat Oblivion overseas. (Maybe. Too early to really know for sure.)

• Like 1

Oblivion was the best movie of 2013. Really surprised that EOT would come in below it. Though it looks like it will beat Oblivion overseas. (Maybe. Too early to really know for sure.)

Well, I won't chime in with my opinion of that film (ok I will, great looking, lacking though, but not bad)...but overall opinion on it was pretty meh.

Oblivion was the best movie of 2013. Really surprised that EOT would come in below it.

Though it looks like it will beat Oblivion overseas. (Maybe. Too early to really know for sure.)

won't go that far but I thought Oblivion was underrated. Sure it was derivative but it looked amazing and Tom Cruise and all the other actors were all great, creating a very entertaining movie.

• Like 1

don't think that has anything to do with it.

I think it has quite a bit actually. I mean, EoT was probably never likely to be a smash, but tonally these movies aren't that far apart marketing wise, and when it's coming one year after Oblivion, I think you'd be quite surprised at how that can turn off audiences.

Yeah, but if the book exist, then how is it original?  :huh:

Well, it's not by the most literal definition.By the what defines your average blockbuster definition...it's fucking original cause it's not derivative of something else that already made bank at the box office. IE, it's original in the eyes of most people cause theyve never seen or heard of the source material.
  • Like 1

Oblivion didn't have to deal with being that movie that...Looks like Oblivion.

Yeah I think people are saying didn't Cruise make a movie like that already. So that along with the competition is why a lot of people are skipping it. Despite good reviews and feedback.

I watched Oblivion last weekend.I found the climax incredibly dark.Anyone have any ideas about the movie's symbolism?I'm pretty sure the movie has alot to say about women, but I'm not sure what.

I think it's a metaphor for how Olga Kurylenko is hot as hell.