Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

It chips at my theory that the GA is getting smarter (Gravity's box office).and I don't like it.

My theory is that Gravity did super well for very superficial reasons.

And that's unfortunate.

It chips at my theory that the GA is getting smarter (Gravity's box office).and I don't like it.

The general audience isn't smart or dumb. The general audience just has strange taste. Sometimes they support great movies and sometimes they let great movies bomb or flop.

• Like 4

Edge of Tomorrow's main problem is the release date. With lots of films out now an "original" sci fi movie like this with an aging star doesn't really stand out from the crowd. Overseas is going to be hurt badly too because of the World Cup

WB could have saved it if they moved JA earlier and put EOT into July. There is no reason whatsoever JA should have received that prime July spot. It should always have been a February or October release

• Like 3

The trailer wasn't all that. It look like basic movie to some general audience. Love Tammy cruise and hopefully word of month helps it. Unless gets unnoticed by the compettetion it's going to face this upcoming weeksI'll watch after I see faults, 22 jumps and by force malificient . I'll probably watch it when everyone is watching transformer 4

I was about to say the same thing. It's not something that the GA would just grab without some explanation and no familiarity. There are too many other choices out there. I was interested in it because of the director so I was following it from the beginning. But the movie is not something that would interest people outside of genre fans. However, the movie does look interesting to me.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

X-men's projected 3rd w/e would match Last Stand's (also ASM2's) $16m.

Okay but what does that mean in context? I was hoping that it held better than those two.

opening day of a movie has not much to do with quality. it's all marketing. doesn't matter how good EoT is. the audience didn't feel it from the promos.

Thank you.

it's not like his recent films have been panned or anything. Far from it

Yeah but I American audiences are getting sick of him. He's been around so long and been making mostly action/sci-fi/thriller movies since 2000. Unless you give american's something new, well they get sick of you afer a while. Plus it doesn't help he's not really beloved by the public due to his crazy antics. But this is stuff has happen to John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone,Nicolas Cage and others. Audiences all got sick of them after a while, since they didn't give them anything new over a long period of time. Cruise plays the same type of characters in all of these movies and ends up in some type of action type setting. So people are starting to be become bored with him, like they did for the actors above. The only reason why he's probably still going as strong as he is. Well is because, his movies are usually liked overall. While those other actors listed above made a lot of crap movies. So things fell apart faster for them, then it will Cruise.

Edited by gb0708
  • Like 1

Speaking of trailers, after watching the "Deliver us from evil" full trailer, the confidence I had in the movie has been lost. The one take scene was awesome, but the trailer looks very derivative. For BSG purposes, I hope the lack of horror movies causes this to break out, but it doesn't look good.

The general audience isn't smart or dumb. The general audience just has strange taste. Sometimes they support great movies and sometimes they let great movies bomb or flop.

The general audience spends their money on movies that they think they will enjoy the most. Just like all of us do.

• Like 5

Speaking of trailers, after watching the "Deliver us from evil" full trailer, the confidence I had in the movie has been lost. The one take scene was awesome, but the trailer looks very derivative. For BSG purposes, I hope the lack of horror movies causes this to break out, but it doesn't look good.

Basically, the movie needs Willem Dafoe to crash in Green Goblin style demanding Eric Bana and Edgar Ramirez to FINISH IT.

X-men's projected 3rd w/e would match Last Stand's (also ASM2's) $16m.

i don't think it can get 16m unless it goes up on friday.  x3 made 16m with 4.96m on fri.

even with better saturday bump than x3's(+35%), i see dofp at 4.5 + 6.53(+45%) + 4.44(-32%) = 15.47m

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

The general audience spends their money on movies that they think they will enjoy the most. Just like all of us do.

Remember, a lot of people will only go and see 10-12 movies a year. And EOT just isn't on their list. (Yet. Good WOM might help a tiny bit.)

• Like 1

Remember, a lot of people will only go and see 10-12 movies a year. And EOT just isn't on their list. (Yet. Good WOM might help a tiny bit.)

That's true too.