Punishment

Weekend Actuals 6/6-6/8 FIOS 48m MAL 34.3m EOT 28.8m DOFP 15.2M MWDW 7.3m Zilla 6.1m Neigh 5.3m

i still haven't watched Jaws. i just have the feeling there's no way it can live up to the hype at this point.

speaking of i just finished Short Term 12. it's a decent movie but not much more. i like the subject but the way they dealt with it felt shallow and not very realistic.

I saw this on Netflix. I might give it  a watch.

About Jaws though. Nothing more to be said. It's an exceptional film. But to each his own. 

Jaws. Good movie. Five stars. 

I've seen some damn good movies lately: My Dinner with Andre, Sideways, The Hurt Locker, Downfall, Se7en, The Assassination of Jesse James and now this. I'm on a fucking roll!

• Like 5

Jaws. Good movie. Five stars. 

I've seen some damn good movies lately: My Dinner with Andre, Sideways, The Hurt Locker, Downfall, Se7en, The Assassination of Jesse James and now this. I'm on a fucking roll!

I've seen all of those except for My Dinner with Andre and I agree. Downfall is outstanding. I need to watch that again.

I've seen all of those except for My Dinner with Andre and I agree. Downfall is outstanding. I need to watch that again.

I think it almost got too sappy at points, but overall it's some powerful stuff. Bruno Ganz was just fucking terrifying and the lead girl wasn't bad either.

I think it almost got too sappy at points, but overall it's some powerful stuff. Bruno Ganz was just fucking terrifying and the lead girl wasn't bad either.

Downfall? I don't recall too much sappy. But yeah Bruno Ganz was scary. That lead girl is one of my favorite unknown actresses. You probably recognize her from RUSH. She played Nicky Lauda's wife. She also played the wife in Dr. Zhivago mini series.

All those endless memes have ruined that classic scene in DOWNFALL for me... and that's too bad, it's a great scene. But LOL at all the remixes of it. :lol:

I actually didn't even think of the meme when the scene happened. And yeah, it's a scary scene in context and with actual subtitles. 

• Like 2

You should see MDWA, though. I know it's become kind of a joke but it's a really, really great movie. 

I might check it out. Looks kind of boring though. But I think I'll give it a try.

Downfall? I don't recall too much sappy. But yeah Bruno Ganz was scary. That lead girl is one of my favorite unknown actresses. You probably recognize her from RUSH. She played Nicky Lauda's wife. She also played the wife in Dr. Zhivago mini series.

Ehhhh I don't know, I can't deal with stuff like showing children's toys amidst something horrible as a symbol of destroyed innocence or whatever. That always feels cheap to me. 

I saw this on Netflix. I might give it  a watch.

About Jaws though. Nothing more to be said. It's an exceptional film. But to each his own. 

it's worth it as long as you don't get yourself hyped up. i came in expecting one of the best movies of 2013 and left kinda deflated.

anyway, my list for the past week or so:

Wet Hot American Summer(rewatch): A. the rewatch soldified it as my second favorite comedy after The Big LEbowski.

prisoners: A-. second best movie in 2013 for me(WOWS is still the champ). just intense and riveting. i didn't even like Se7en or Zodiac that much.

Akira: A-. it took me a long while to get to it cause i thought the animation would look dated, but it was one of the best looking hand-drawn movies i've ever seen.

Starship Troopers(rewatch): A-. still awesome. still better than Edge of Tomorrow. 

Grand Budapest Hotel: B+. gorgeous and charming. i'm not even a big Wes fan.

Gravity: B. maybe it would've been an A- if i saw it on the big screen, but at some point watching space trying to kill Sandy started getting dull.

EOT: B-. kept me thouroughly engaged, the actual action could've been better though.
  • Like 1

I might check it out. Looks kind of boring though. But I think I'll give it a try.

Well yeah, it's literally two guys just talking for two hours. But I got totally hooked in the conversation. 

• Like 1

Ehhhh I don't know, I can't deal with stuff like showing children's toys amidst something horrible as a symbol of destroyed innocence or whatever. That always feels cheap to me. 

Ah I get you. AI thought you meant the acting was sappy.

MDWA is fascinating to watch. I wouldn't call it boring.

Yes, fascinating is a good word. Both of the guys are so smart and so eloquent that it was just fucking interesting listening to their dialogue. 

• Like 1

Yes, fascinating is a good word. Both of the guys are so smart and so eloquent that it was just fucking interesting listening to their dialogue. 

Wallace Shawn and Andre Gergory sure do have a way with words.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Did you watch this on Netflix?