Mission: Impossible-Ghost Protocol

65 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Mission: Impossible-Ghost Protocol

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Yea, villain was weak, probably an effect from making this a more team-focused effort. Frankly, after two movies that featured team members as just supporting roles with no development, this was refreshing. Likewise, after the last film had no money-shot action sequences, this had plenty.

MI3 is more well rounded. I didn't really like MI4 that much but in my mind it seems to hold up well that I want to give it another chance.Didn't really like MI. Saw it only 2 years ago so maybe what might have been innovative came across as predictable and poorly executed.

Edited by BK007
  • Like 2

Finally saw this ... rather underwhelming apart from the technical aspects. In fact many scenes were so silly they looked more like a James Bond spoof than a genuine actioner. The most enjoyable thing was Simon Pegg. In fact, when the credits rolled my ladyfriend said "now that this silliness is over, let's watch something nice, like Paul".

Not quite my favorite of the series (that'd be M:I-III), but it's still pretty damned fun to watch. Even in just his first live-action go-around, Brad Bird gets how to do action sequences better than most other directors out there.

B+

• Like 1

I started watching Hollywood movies from 2011 december :D tats wen this released

Ghost protocol impressed me to an extent wer i became a huge fan of Cruise nd started watching Holly movies!!!!! since then ive watched almost 25+ movies of cruise

Perfect movie....has equal dosage of thrill humour action....one of the greatest action movies ever made!!!!! Dunno y i liked it so much haha dubai and russia scenes were standout!!!!!

10/10 :DB)

• Like 1

It would be the best MI if the last half was as intense as the first half, the climax is a bit underwhelming and and the whole movie lacks an emotional punch. MI4 was definitely better directed, but MI3 had more emotional resonance, and that alone makes it better for me. 80/100

MI3 90/100

MI4 80/100

MI 75/100

MI2 10/100

Edited by Goffe R Swanson

Its a pretty fun movie but massively overrated because so many people have a hard on for Brad Bird. Had he not directed this and the product been the same, I don't think it would have got the reviews it received. MI3 created far more tension in its first 5 minutes than this managed in its 2 hour length.

The villain was terrible as well. Im sick of having these clearly unfit and non-menacing looking villains which are clearly an antagonist to the story due to their brains, not their fighting skills yet at the end he's battling it out with Tom Cruise, an MI agent trained in hand to hand combat. They did the same with Dominic in QOS and that pissed me off too.

• Like 2

Its a pretty fun movie but massively overrated because so many people have a hard on for Brad Bird. Had he not directed this and the product been the same, I don't think it would have got the reviews it received. MI3 created far more tension in its first 5 minutes than this managed in its 2 hour length.

The villain was terrible as well. Im sick of having these clearly unfit and non-menacing looking villains which are clearly an antagonist to the story due to their brains, not their fighting skills yet at the end he's battling it out with Tom Cruise, an MI agent trained in hand to hand combat. They did the same with Dominic in QOS and that pissed me off too.

This. Probably one of the best opening scenes in a thriller I have ever seen.

One of my favorite movie ever made. Tom Cruise is brilliant as usual. Brad Bird's directing is excellent. This moive is just so intense. I was sitting literaly on the edge of my seat for all of acts 2 and 3.

A+

Edited by Ethan Hunt

the notion the people likes/dislikes X movie just because of certain director/actor/brand is fucking stupid. MI4 got great review because it was superb, not because of Bird, who, by the way, had only 2 animated films in his filmography, Bird hardly had any fans.

the notion the people likes/dislikes X movie just because of certain director/actor/brand is fucking stupid. MI4 got great review because it was superb, not because of Bird, who, by the way, had only 2 animated films in his filmography, Bird hardly had any fans.

3 animates films actually. Iron Giant, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille.