SpiderByte

The People vs George Lucas II

Posted Image

While many seem delighted that George Lucas finally handed over the reins, and excited about the future of the franchise; others are worried about the Disneyfication of the galaxy far, far away that has defined their childhood.

THE PEOPLE vs. GEORGE LUCAS – EPISODE II will draw the curtain on the examination of the most complex relationship between a creator and his fans in the world of popular culture, asking the question: what does the future of STAR WARS look like without George Lucas?

This participatory documentary is now open for submissions to fans around the world. Rants, opinions, parodies, fan films, images, songs, and creative speculations about STAR WARS – EPISODE VII are encouraged, and can be submitted directly via our website: pvg2.com

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

The Lucas hate is getting over the top now. Hell SW7 isn't even RELEASED yet nor does it even have a teaser trailer. Can we wait until it's released/has a teaser trailer?

Edited by Mulder
  • Like 4

Fan entitlement is an interesting thing. There's this weird belief that creators owe something to fans (although it's a nebulous and changing thing to define what is owed) and that the works they create are somehow public domain, even when they aren't.

(Whether things should or should not be in the literal public domain is another discussion entirely. Also a fascinating one, but different.)

• Like 4

GET OVER IT, YOU FUCKING NERDS. 

This. 

I mean, I don't like the Star Wars prequels, I think everything about them are crap... and yes, I think George Lucas is the luckiest man in the history of showbiz, but my God... the way some people talk about the guy and Star Wars is beyond pathetic.  They say stuff like "Star Wars isn't just a movie" and "Star Wars was my childhood, it defined it" and "George Lucas ruined my childhood" etc... the list goes on and on.

Really?  Some movies defined your childhood?  It WAS your childhood?  Umm.. grow the fuck up please.  They are JUST movies.  Yes, they were enormously popular, but they ARE just movies.  If you can become that attached to a movie or get so angry and/or depressed over a disappointment, maybe its time to rethink your entire life because there should be far better things in it than fucking movies.

I guarantee when Star Wars Episode 7 comes out, there are gonna be Star Wars fans out there calling it the worst piece of shit they've ever seen if its anything short of a masterpiece.   I'm honestly afraid for J.J. Abrams.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

I had the misfortune of watching the first one. It was literally the exact same shit they'd been complaining about on the internet for the past ten straight years, except now on film. Absolutely awful.

And now they want to make one about Episode 7 and the sale to Disney? Fuck those whiny little losers.