#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

I think this summer has had good films but not films that have really broken out super wide like a major uber blockbuster does 

Indeed. Quality-wise, this summer has been above par. BO-wise...ugh.

No it's a touching coming-of-age drama that will bring us all to tears :)

I think it has something to do with him being a womanizer or whatever :rolleyes:

Cam Gigandet's career is certainly going places with movies like this. 

Posted Image

• Like 2

Get over yourself, Mr. Kael. It's summer. People don't wanna watch boring films about profound psychological issues. They want to be entertained and dazzled by giant robots riding robot dinosaurs, stunningly beautiful movie stars playing evil fairies, and mutants fighting the future, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

You seriously trying to pull that one on me? Lol yeah, I'm just some cranky artsy fart that hates summer movies! Sorry to disappoint you, but I liked DoFP and Edge of Tomorrow and thought they were some of the best summer movies I've seen in awhile.  Maleficent and Bayformers are just shit, thats all. :)

• Like 1

You seriously trying to pull that one on me? Lol yeah, I'm just some cranky artsy fart that hates summer movies! Sorry to disappoint you, but I liked DoFP and Edge of Tomorrow and thought they were some of the best summer movies I've seen in awhile.  Maleficent and Bayformers are just shit, thats all. :)

*earnest voice* But gee Ozymandias, you can't judge Transformers 4 before seeing it, can you?  :)

Eh, even the good ones I don't have any real interesting in watching. And judging from the numbers a lot of people this Summer feel the same. 

The new X-Men AMAZING!!!! 

That's nice. Yawn. Next! 

Posted Image

People have been supporting average and mediocre products since the beginning of time.  

Hollywood and movies are no different that any other industries...people support sportswear or jeans over brand named great suit...they support pizza and the like of Mc Do over filet mignon...they support cheap mass consumption products over quality stuff.

Hollywood is no different.

I loathe with a passion the Transformers flicks.  I was never able to watch the first one more than 15 minutes but i reckon that if a movie is consumed universally to that scale, then it feed a demand and does its first job.  

i am not naive to think that Hollywood of all industries aims at philantropy.   it's first and foremost a business, with a lot of finance involved, a lot financial people and insurance companies who agreed to invest a certain amount of money on a project on the sole condition that the product will be vastly consumed.  

It's show BUSINESS, hence why the majority of the greater stuff have usually a lesser investyment cost...taken mainly from those huge revenues of the highly consumed cheap and average products....

• Like 1

Finland report:

21 Jump Street must've sold well since that one went DTV but 22JS is getting a theatrical release. Which is nice. 

End of Finland report.

Dafuq? Finland sucks.

I don't get it. Does his dick look like a guy or is that just a little guy who lives in his underwear next to his dick?

Don't ask me. Here. Take the trailer and tell me after you see it:

*earnest voice* But gee Ozymandias, you can't judge Transformers 4 before seeing it, can you?  :)

Indeed not. There may be more to the movie than meets the eye. Brilliance in disguise!

• Like 1

Well, that's just silly. Why talk about quality if you haven't seen it? You say quality is inherent to originality and that's plain wrong. The best movies of the summer are:

The 7th movie in a franchise

The sequel to a TV adaptation

The sequel to a cartoon adaptation of a book series

The adaptation of a Japanese sci-fi novel

And they're not just good by blockbuster standards - they're fucking brilliant. So, quality is about quality, not originality.

I can't get excited about another superhero reboot or sequel anymore. Good or bad. They killed any and all enthusiasm I had for comic book movies.