#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Fun fact: there is a very good chance no movie this Summer will pass these 2. 

True, true. But I'm still not holding out hope for TF4 to do a POTC4. I think the decrease will not be that great.

I'm truly amazed at how such mediocrity and/or shit makes so much coin sometimes.  Maleficent and Bayformers 4... hell of a double whammy this summer!

Get over yourself, Mr. Kael. It's summer. People don't wanna watch boring films about profound psychological issues. They want to be entertained and dazzled by giant robots riding robot dinosaurs, stunningly beautiful movie stars playing evil fairies, and mutants fighting the future, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
  • Like 1

Eh, even the good ones I don't have any real interesting in watching. And judging from the numbers a lot of people this Summer feel the same. 

The new X-Men AMAZING!!!! 

That's nice. Yawn. Next! 

Posted Image

Well, that's just silly. Why talk about quality if you haven't seen it? You say quality is inherent to originality and that's plain wrong. The best movies of the summer are:

The 7th movie in a franchise

The sequel to a TV adaptation

The sequel to a cartoon adaptation of a book series

The adaptation of a Japanese sci-fi novel

And they're not just good by blockbuster standards - they're fucking brilliant. So, quality is about quality, not originality.

• Like 5

Eh, even the good ones I don't have any real interesting in watching. And judging from the numbers a lot of people this Summer feel the same. 

The new X-Men AMAZING!!!! 

That's nice. Yawn. Next! 

Posted Image

Well, they certainly don't seem to have much interest in supporting the original films either

Well, that's just silly. Why talk about quality if you haven't seen it? You say quality is inherent to originality and that's plain wrong. The best movies of the summer are:

The 7th movie in a franchise

The sequel to a TV adaptation

The sequel to a cartoon adaptation of a book series

The adaptation of a Japanese sci-fi novel

And they're not just good by blockbuster standards - they're fucking brilliant. So, quality is about quality, not originality.

"Brilliant" is a bit much, but they are definitely well-made films that don't deserve to be lumped in with the more mediocre sequels.

Get over yourself, Mr. Kael. It's summer. People don't wanna watch boring films about profound psychological issues. They want to be entertained and dazzled by giant robots riding robot dinosaurs, stunningly beautiful movie stars playing evil fairies, and mutants fighting the future, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Well, sure, but it's been proven time and time again that the spectacle need not be separate from the quality. And the thing is, this summer HAS had such movies, combining both in great fashion. But they still disappointed or certainly did not break out...

• Like 2

Well, that's just silly. Why talk about quality if you haven't seen it? You say quality is inherent to originality and that's plain wrong. The best movies of the summer are:The 7th movie in a franchiseThe sequel to a TV adaptationThe sequel to a cartoon adaptation of a book seriesThe adaptation of a Japanese sci-fi novel And they're not just good by blockbuster standards - they're fucking brilliant. So, quality is about quality, not originality.

EOT might as well be original.

Well, sure, but it's been proven time and time again that the spectacle need not be separate from the quality. And the thing is, this summer HAS had such movies, combining both in great fashion. But they still disappointed or certainly did not break out...

I think this summer has had good films but not films that have really broken out super wide like a major uber blockbuster does