#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

I just saw that viewership is up 26% from the last WC and 116% since 2006.  I wasn't sure if that was in the US or Worldwide.

That's interesting. Don't know the US viewership.

Portugal scored an equalizer in the last 10 seconds. USA would have beaten them otherwise and qualified to the knockout stages.

The US is definitely getting better and I guess interest will rise accordingly. As much as I loathe the corruption of FIFA there's nothing like the World Cup: all the nations of the world coming together to do a single sport and virtually every country really getting into it. It's much more exciting than the Olympics.

Ok that's what happened! I knew it had something to do with game. It was just odd I'm shopping and the place erupted like that. Took me totally to a different place, lol.

I live in Southern California where there is a heavy immigrant population of all nationalities. Now that I think about it, I can see why the WC would be  very popular here.

• Like 1

That's the good thing about cable television. They film all the episodes at once having the well being of the whole season in mind. Network shows like CSI or NCIS just churn out basically the same episodes all year long while these play like super-long movies :)

Oh, that's bs, dude. Yes, the best TV is on cable, but there's plenty of shit too. Especially on basic cable. Chief among said crap is the biggest show currently on TV - The Walking Dead.

Also, broadcast offers up great shows as well. Brooklyn-99 for comedy, The Good Wife for drama, Person of Interest for action/sci-fi/general Batman-ness.

• Like 1

Oh, that's bs, dude. Yes, the best TV is on cable, but there's plenty of shit too. Especially on basic cable. Chief among said crap is the biggest show currently on TV - The Walking Dead.

Also, broadcast offers up great shows as well. Brooklyn-99 for comedy, The Good Wife for drama, Person of Interest for action/sci-fi/general Batman-ness.

Still haven't watched it yet, but hannibal was definitely up there as one of the best reviewed shows of the most recent "tv year". and that's network.

• Like 1

I may have generalized a bit :D But the top cable stuff trumps the top network stuff, in drama at least. I do love me some network comedy like Community ( :(), Parks & Rec, B99.

But the best in recent network drama (House, 24) doesn't come close to BB or GoT. Of course, this is only my opinion (I didn't think I'd have to say this but there...)

• Like 1

Still haven't watched it yet, but hannibal was definitely up there as one of the best reviewed shows of the most recent "tv year". and that's network.

I saw the first 4 episodes of Hannibal but then dropped it. I think I should come back though.

• Like 1

brooklyn nine-nine is already my favorite network comedy right now. so good.

unrelated note, I hate this douchey jesse pinkman xbox ad I see every ad break ever.

I love my Titanfall so much, I can record stuff all while watching sports. Yooooooooo

• Like 2

"after the role of a lifetime..."

Yeah, I liked him in BB, but this guy's career is going nowhere.

Surprisingly that commercial is not the worst video game related thing he's done this year.

• Like 3

unrelated note, I hate this douchey jesse pinkman xbox ad I see every ad break ever.

apparently that commercial turns on people's xboxs every time it plays :lol:

• Like 2

Yeah everytime I see it I think in a few years, we'll be thinking hey remember Aaron Paul

• Like 2

Yeah everytime I see it I think in a few years, we'll be thinking hey remember Aaron Paul

"after the role of a lifetime..."

Yeah, I liked him in BB, but this guy's career is going nowhere.

Why are you guys so sure that his career is going to crash? 

Edited by Jack Nevada hates movies
  • Like 1

That does get me thinking, if you were an actor would you take sustained success or have one giant hit then fade into obscurity.  I mean take someone like David Schwimmer from Friends.  He's been pretty much unseen since it went off the air.  Yet the money that show makes in syndication he's set for life.

• Like 2