#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Weird. Was expecting a "don't use hashtags" from you :thinking:

You can't waste time with the greatest thing on Earth. After TV of course. Go watch True Detective :D

The ending of that game or a great ending of any game is better than any reality tv.

• Like 1

How much is the World Cup actually watched in US? I was under the impression it was a total nonentity for the country.

Not as much as other countries but it's gaining momentum. It'll be interesting to see the ratings for yesterday's game.

i suspect that it is more than people think. I was in sams yesterday and every flat screen had it on with crowds standing around watching. Something happened nd all i heard was a loud collective groan like we were in a sports arena.
  • Like 1

Yesterday I caught the last hour or more of Predator.  I was amazed just how quickly the film moves once the Predator starts hunting everyone.

It did remind that when I was younger, I mixed my GI Joe figures and my IG-88 figure from Star Wars in a Predator type scenario. 

• Like 3

i suspect that it is more than people think. I was in sams yesterday and every flat screen had it on with crowds standing around watching. Something happened nd all i heard was a loud collective groan like we were in a sports arena.

I just saw that viewership is up 26% from the last WC and 116% since 2006.  I wasn't sure if that was in the US or Worldwide.

• Like 1

Portugal scored an equalizer in the last 10 seconds. USA would have beaten them otherwise and qualified to the knockout stages.

The US is definitely getting better and I guess interest will rise accordingly. As much as I loathe the corruption of FIFA there's nothing like the World Cup: all the nations of the world coming together to do a single sport and virtually every country really getting into it. It's much more exciting than the Olympics.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 4

Well, the first episode of True Detective was dang good. It's probably all downhill from here. 

Not a huge TV guy either. I really did love Fargo and, well, True Detective was pretty impressive too. I think I much prefer television in the truncated miniseries form of 8-10 episodes rather than drawn out series that run 12 episodes per season for 5 to 10 seasons. Too sprawling for my tastes.

• Like 1

Well, the first episode of True Detective was dang good. It's probably all downhill from here. 

That's the good thing about cable television. They film all the episodes at once having the well being of the whole season in mind. Network shows like CSI or NCIS just churn out basically the same episodes all year long while these play like super-long movies :)

• Like 1

WIth true detective episode 4 and 5 are all-timers. then it lags a bit (episode 7 is essentially just throwing out all the exposition they need to before the finale and not much else) and the finale is absolutely fantastic. though I get it divides people. I had serious feels going on in the last moments.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 3

Okay I'm going by memory here:

But the following figures played these respective roles:

Duke-Dutch

Baroness-Anna

Roadblock-Mac

Sgt Slaughter-Blain

Lando(didn't have any other Joes of color)-Dillion

Zartan-Sonny

Shipwreck-Poncho

Breaker(?)-Hawkins

• Like 1

TD is excellent through and through. Tho I did find the finale a bit unsatisfying.

I'd recommend reading this after watching Ep 2. It makes for a more rewarding experience, imo.

http://io9.com/the-one-literary-reference-you-must-know-to-appreciate-1523076497

• Like 1