[*]9. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 

[*]10. Transformers 4

[*] 

[*] 

[*] 

[*] 

Posted Image

• Like 1

Planes 2 is underestimated. The first one did well despite no one here watched or cared about it. This one has no competition as well.

I wont rule out Planes 2 take down Dragon 2 at this point. Both could end around 150m.

So Planes 2 is the movie you decide to back? Shieeeeeeeet :D

I do agree with the reasoning and it kinda depresses me

I am so confused What is this? I mean WHAT IS THIS?!!!!!!!!Get that corn off that grill and put on some goddamn meat!!Why have you done this!!!!

It's not my grill. It's my wife's friend grill. Not sure if it's a good idea to put my meat on her grill. Edited by #ED
  • Like 2

Planes 2 is underestimated. The first one did well despite no one here watched or cared about it. This one has no competition as well.

I wont rule out Planes 2 take down Dragon 2 at this point. Both could end around 150m.

Disney fans will scream with happiness if Planes takes down the Dragon. :o

Probably 165-170 for Dragon 2. Should stabilize a bit after this week. 

Planes 2 is going to get a lot of undeserved cash with how little competition there'll be. Could very well top $40 million in its opening weekend without even really trying. If it doesn't top $30 million OW, I'm expecting TMNT to eat up the family demo 3 weeks later. 

Disney fans will scream with happiness if Planes takes down the Dragon. :o

Disney fans should groan when cheapish sequels to intended made for DVD movies make money because they might just inspire a trend of crap.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

I would be really surprised if Planes 2 made it to $150 million. I suppose that $100 million is doable given the release date and lack of competition for kids, but I don't think that the first film made a dent large enough on video to account for such a dramatic increase.

I don't usually bitch and moan about certain movies making more than others anymore (it's probably all the years of tracking box office taking their toll), but the unlikely event of Planes 2 outgrossing How to Train Your Dragon 2 would be seriously depressing.

• Like 3

i'm sorry but this whole how to train your dragon thing is just not happening, i don't believe these numbers, they don't make sense

numbers are obviously fake, I won't follow this run anymore

Edited by JohnnY

I've given up on anything from this summer's box office "making sense." The fact that two $90 million openers are struggling to surpass $200 million still seems surreal, even in this day and age of shortened legs.

• Like 3

I would be really surprised if Planes 2 made it to $150 million. I suppose that $100 million is doable given the release date and lack of competition for kids, but I don't think that the first film made a dent large enough on video to account for such a dramatic increase.

I don't usually bitch and moan about certain movies making more than others anymore (it's probably all the years of tracking box office taking their toll), but the unlikely event of Planes 2 outgrossing How to Train Your Dragon 2 would be seriously depressing.

That FROZEN effect? :ph34r:

i'm sorry but this whole how to train your dragon thing is just not happening, i don't believe these numbers, they don't make sense

numbers are obviously fake, I won't follow this run anymore

They came from Rth's mouth... :unsure: