#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

where did John Marston get 6-7.5 then? Damn 8 25 million weekend would be mediocre considering the lack of competition 

RTH gave early numbers several houses ago of 6- 7.5

With 8 I think it should do better than 25, more like 26.5 with a 3.3 multiplier.

Sample size is real small but Flixster rating for TLAM2 has dropped 3% to 77% in the last 12 hours or so and Jersey Boys has gone up by 5% to 71%.

As soon as more of the JB audience figures out how to work the internetz, it's going up to 90%.

That's terrible. That's a nearly 50% drop for a kid's movie that didn't even open huge. This summer is fucking nuts. 

The problem seems to be Dragon is aimed at teens and young adults with how dark and violent it is. :ph34r:

The problem seems to be Dragon is aimed at teens and young adults with how dark and violent it is. :ph34r:

I keep hearing that. WTF is that? Is there maiming, torture, what the hell is in that movie? 

That's terrible. That's a nearly 50% drop for a kid's movie that didn't even open huge. This summer is fucking nuts. 

That drop is expected for summer. Most animated movies drop 45%+ in summer second weekend.

httyd2 BO run is really pissing me off. I thought some of the predictions on this site were optimistic but I thought it had the highest chance at 300 million than any other summer block buster. Now it might be the lowest grossing summer blockbuster (if it doesn't beat Spidey) It better bust out those legs soon. And what sucks the most is that it was a really good film. 

• Like 3

I'm afraid 50%-ish was inevitable from the Thurs previews on. Including previews, there was a 50% difference in saturday holds between the first film and this one. You don't recover from that in your second weekend, especially in summer. HTTYD2 will hold up fine from here.

httyd2 BO run is really pissing me off. I thought some of the predictions on this site were optimistic but I thought it had the highest chance at 300 million than any other summer block buster. Now it might be the lowest grossing summer blockbuster (if it doesn't beat Spidey) It better bust out those legs soon. And what sucks the most is that it was a really good film. 

nope no chance at 200m now. This is one of the few blockbusters this summer ASM 2 will beat lol

That drop is expected for summer. Most animated movies drop 45%+ in summer second weekend.

Just to compare.

Madagascar 3 had a 43.5% drop on its second weekend. :huh:

Edited by Mojoguy