#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Not saying it's not - however once upon a time this was the norm not the exception.

But narniadis, that's because you and I are old enough to remember the time sequel increases weren't automatically expected. Now they are pretty much mandatory. ;)

• Like 3

It's gonna be a long night of baseball folks.

It's really not that impossible. As much as Transformers might hurt, keep in mind Superman Returns came out right around this time for X3 followed by Dead Man's Chest whereas DOFP will have Transformers which will hurt but it might even see a small boost legs-wise with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes due to double features. It lands within a few million IMO.

Yep. Besides, it's been gaining ground on X3 and as you said, Apes could help as well.

• Like 2

Get on up to the Bay Area. Great food, wine, and so many choices. The one big thing lacking is great BBQ :(Also I heard Santa Barbara wineries are good as well.

Never been there either. They have one in Temecula I plan on going to soon.  I'm sure it doesn't compare to either Napa or SB.

• Like 2

Lmao at everybody falling for Mojoguy's antics. Biggest instigator since when UF got instagram.Yes that was corny, but just ignore him. He wants the attention since he cant get the likes.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 3

But narniadis, that's because you and I are old enough to remember the time sequel increases weren't automatically expected. Now they are pretty much mandatory. ;)

I just had my BD yesterday I "feel" old esp now that I am at the end of my twenties (in comparison to others on this board I feel old - I know there are others who shall not be named that are older :D )
  • Like 1

Neighbors had a huge opening. Yes, it ran out of steam, but that was fucking huge and beyond what most were expecting.

Godzilla ran out of steam post-OW.

I would not say DOFP disappointed - it's pretty much in line with expectations.

Maleficent is playing a bit above expectations.

Fault was always gonna be frontloaded. But the OW was much bigger than expected, and its weekdays are far better than expected, considering that second weekend drop.

And how the hell did 22JS "bleed out"? It's performing well even relative to big expectations, let alone compared to the first one.

I'm only talking about OW, and OD to OW. 

I expected both Neighbours, Fault and Maleficent OWs but not how they got there.

22JS went from high 60s weekend to 10m+ less.

I repeat, you misunderstood my post.

• Like 1

Lmao at everybody falling for Mojoguy's antics. Biggest instigator since when UF got instagram.Yes that was corny, but just ignore him. He wants the attention since he cant get the likes.

Yeah, we all better off just ignoring Mojoguy. 

• Like 1

Wicked as a film is a given, it's a question of when rather than if. It's Universal's most successful product that isn't a film.The Book of Mormon I imagine they'll hold off until they've launched more productions worldwide, Paramount I imagine has first dibs on the film version since they release both South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut and Team America.

I wish Disney could somehow have the rights to Wicked...

• Like 1

And that thought alone is enough to seriously depress me. Goddamn summer weekdays.

Man, a July 18th release for DOFP sounds really interesting right about now. Would be interested to see an X-Men movie in the middle of the Summer.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

I just had my BD yesterday I "feel" old esp now that I am at the end of my twenties (in comparison to others on this board I feel old - I know there are others who shall not be named that are older :D )

Happy Belated Birthday! :)

• Like 1

Hugo is a wildly overpraised movie by critics. It's got flashes of utter brilliance, but it's quite average and mediocre throughout most of it. The story wasn't engaging despite being set in a beautiful location and during a very romantic time period...it just fell flat. 

But, of course, since it was directed by Martin Scorcese, the critics came rivers over it. 

Eh, Hugo was easily the best of the 2011 BP nominees

Definitely deserve to win, but neither did anything nominated