CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Well, what the hell is Maleficent itself?

A movie driven by a star. When was the last time a movie driven by a star won a Summer? Yes, it is also a Reboot/Whatever. 

• Like 1

Actually only about 65 I'm surprised.

My apologies. Should've probably had more

VERY clever for those who are familiar with Avatar The Last Airbender.  :bravo:

Thank you, thank you

Only 65?  :mouthdropped:

Needed more I know

Yeah... no.

Pacific Rim had style, it never took itself too seriously, sure a lot of the characters were stock, but they were fun and I find myself invested in the film.

Del Toro is the kind of filmmaker that Michael Bay will never be, successful at the box office or not.

I was looking forward to it because Del Toro was supposed to be the filmmaker Michael Bay couldn't be.

But, nope.

Why you would ape something you wanted to be better than is lost on me. I could have stopped watching the film at so many points. I prefer the characterization of films like 2012 more than Pacific Rim. That's how poor PR was.

I feel compelled to point out amidst all this MALEFICENT praise that MALEFICENT is terrible.

Free Birds is a better use of the 98 minutes

PACIFIC RIM is magnificent, delirious entertainment. Accept no substitutes.

WB Fun Originals (Edge of Tomorrow/Pacific Rim)>WB Dark and Gritty Reboots (Godzilla/Man of Steel)

• Like 1

What sort of terrible person are you, to drag your poor pregnant wife to this? :P

A person that tells his wife, "it's usually like 2 hours long, not that bad"...Now I'm hearing 3? Yup.This gonna be good.
  • Like 2

Pacific Rim is everything the Transformers films should aspire to.

Pacific Rim gives robot movies an ideal to strive for. Bay races behind Del Toro, he stumbles, he falls. In time though, he will accomplish wonders. In time, he will join us in the sun.

what am I saying that'll never happen

• Like 1

It is indeed awful. But Jolie is Jolie and seeing it winning the Summer would be hysterical. Jolie murdering all the sequels/reboots/whatevers studious throwed at us

Maleficent is a reboot prequel whatever thing.

Plus, sequels are not automatically shit, so take that dog of an argument and put it down.