CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

I don't know why some people are surprised about this. Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon (which was hyped as a 3D event) weren't exactly beloved, there was a complete cast overhaul, and as I mentioned in the movie's actual prediction thread, the marketing did nothing to really tell it apart from the previous films (plus this franchise just has fatigue in general). Thus, this is the result.

I don't know how to print screen posts and all that stuff you people do, but I was wondering, do you realize you have TF4 as one of your most anticipated movies?

Earth to Echo better not sell more than Super 8!! (not that it will...)

From what I could tell from Earth to Echo I'd rather watch Super 8 again than go watch that movie to be honest

Edited by SuperBatman

Why did they try to turn earth to echo into a summer flick??

Looks more like something they would release in February instead of the summer.

Then again what do you expect from the same company that brought us Free Birds?

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

Next year's winter lineup is awesome also. Is winter now the new summer?

James Bond 24

Peanuts (looks really charming... hoping it captures the essence of Charlie Brown)

Mockingjay Part 2

The Good Dinosaur 

Star Wars Episode VII 

Mission Impossible 5 

Midnight Special 

Joy

Seth Rogen/Joseph Gordon Levitt Christmas Comedy-Drama (not sure if it's supposed to be a straight comedy or not) 

Already looks slightly more appealing than summer 2015 since Dory left. Avengers 2, Tomorrowland, Jurassic World, Inside Out and Minions (one less than holiday 2015)- Pixels is 50/50. It could be like Ghostbusters but Adam Sandler's in it so I wouldn't count on it. November-December look more compelling over the next 2 years... possibly 3 since Avatar 2, the Star Wars spinoff, Fantastic Beasts, Giants (Disney's next fairy tale musical), and an untitled Illumination Entertainment film are all slated for 2016. 

• Like 1

James Bond 24

Peanuts (looks really charming... hoping it captures the essence of Charlie Brown)

Mockingjay Part 2

The Good Dinosaur 

Star Wars Episode VII 

Mission Impossible 5 

Midnight Special 

Joy

Seth Rogen/Joseph Gordon Levitt Christmas Comedy-Drama (not sure if it's supposed to be a straight comedy or not) 

Already looks slightly more appealing than summer 2015 since Dory left. Avengers 2, Tomorrowland, Jurassic World, Inside Out and Minions (one less than holiday 2015)- Pixels is 50/50. It could be like Ghostbusters but Adam Sandler's in it so I wouldn't count on it. November-December look more compelling over the next 2 years... possibly 3 since Avatar 2, the Star Wars spinoff, Fantastic Beasts, Giants (Disney's next fairy tale musical), and an untitled Illumination Entertainment film are all slated for 2016. 

I think summer 2016 looks incredibly strong, too.

Even though we talk about film quality alot, this is still ostensibly a Box Office discussion forum, and it's generally more interesting when a film wildly overperforms. Or underperforms. Quality frequently doesn't have anything to do with that, sadly.

Rather than complain that we aren't having any movies this year making 300 domestic (other than Mockingjay), we should probably spend more time celebrating that a tiny budget movie like Fault in Our Stars was even released during summer and did very well, beating the totals of dumb studio movies like "The Other Woman" and such.  And celebrating that Sandler went down again.

Edited by Ando81

James Bond 24Peanuts (looks really charming... hoping it captures the essence of Charlie Brown)Mockingjay Part 2The Good Dinosaur Star Wars Episode VII Mission Impossible 5 Midnight Special JoySeth Rogen/Joseph Gordon Levitt Christmas Comedy-Drama (not sure if it's supposed to be a straight comedy or not) Already looks slightly more appealing than summer 2015 since Dory left. Avengers 2, Tomorrowland, Jurassic World, Inside Out and Minions (one less than holiday 2015)- Pixels is 50/50. It could be like Ghostbusters but Adam Sandler's in it so I wouldn't count on it. November-December look more compelling over the next 2 years... possibly 3 since Avatar 2, the Star Wars spinoff, Fantastic Beasts, Giants (Disney's next fairy tale musical), and an untitled Illumination Entertainment film are all slated for 2016.

Summer 2015 still looks strong though, but that's comparing it to this summer...
  • Like 1

Rather than complain that we aren't having any movies this year making 300 domestic (other than Mockingjay), we should probably spend more time celebrating that a tiny budget movie like Fault in Our Stars was even released during summer and did very well, beating the totals of dumb studio movies like "The Other Woman" and such.  And celebrating that Sandler went down again.

LOL. Keep doing God's work, Ando.