CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Blanks, what's your focus going to be in college? You could always get an early start getting a feel for whatever it is.

Seriously, read some books! I don't care if they were written a thousand years ago or yesterday, there's such an insane wealth of wonderful stories in every conceivable genre out there. Not only will you enjoy them, they'll inspire you creatively.

Write something that has a greater outlet for potential than fan-fiction mashups. It may be harder, but it may also be more rewarding (creatively or otherwise). 

Is your reason for not having a license that you don't have a car? Even if that's a longterm logistical issue, this is something else to do. Learn how to drive and get your license. You'll absolutely need it in life, might as well get it out of the way, and sounds like now is a great time to do it.

Up through high school life tends to be very regimented. One of the transitions that everyone has to make is when you head off to college... for the first time, you're essentially in charge of your time. The sooner you can begin to grasp that and begin not only to structure yourself accordingly but also take advantage of it, the better. It's not a limitation... it means the training wheels are off. You are free... in so many ways. There's a whole world out there. The sky's the limit. Whatever other cliche you can think of.

That's some great advice Tele. Though I'm way past high school, I'm gonna take a couple of those golden nuggets for myself.

• Like 6

People in this day and age don't read books anymore, not when you have the internet..

It's their loss. :) Plus, of course, there are all sorts of ebooks these days. Heck, use Instapaper and find long-form articles online about topics that interest you, and do that. Anything to enrich and broaden your horizons.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

People in this day and age don't read books anymore, not when you have the internet..

Actually we do read books. I mean some of use read them through the internet and devices but there's still nothing like having a physical book in your hands.

• Like 7

Lust, Caution is interesting. It's very well made, but at times Ang Lee tends to play things a bit too reserved, which holds back the film, I think. (Hulk had a similar problem.)

Yes, I think that's about how I felt about it too. Well made, but a bit flat, and I don't think it quite achieves what it set out to do. Worth seeing, but it's not a great movie.

• Like 2

It's their loss. :) Plus, of course, there are all sorts of ebooks these days. Heck, use Instapaper and find long-form articles online about topics that interest you, and do that. Anything to enrich and broaden your horizons.

I read tons of books in Jr High and High School that weren't assigned.

In fact I love to read so much, that at one point I was finishing 3 books a week.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

Dunno about you, but I read a ton. The library is my friend.

Yes, I think that's about how I felt about it too. Well made, but a bit flat, and I don't think it quite achieves what it set out to do. Worth seeing, but it's not a great movie.

It's neat because Lee is such a technically proficient filmmaker, even when he's not really hitting it on all cylinders, there's some really interesting things to see.

I'm glad I watched it, but I don't think I could say I particularly enjoyed it.

Lessee... ranking the Lee films I have seen:

1. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

2. Brokeback Mountain

3. Life of Pi

4. Lust, Caution

5. Hulk

(Although I might see a reason to switch the last two.)

• Like 3

• Community Manager

[self-Mod Edit]

• Like 1

Good morning, y'all!

What kind of number are we looking at for the weekend?

Here are the #s Rth posted earlier:

Fri est some films

AOE 39-42, 22J 4.8,HTTYD2 3.8,TLAM2 3.5,malef 2.4

DOFP 900k-1m lost lot thrs see how it goes.

• Like 3