CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

ok whatever. I'm sorry clint eastwood can't make an interesting movie and can't tell actors when enough is enough.

Well, I do have to say J. Edgar is a piece of crap. 

• Like 1

So transformers was the worst movie ive seen in awhile the screen play was so bad it made me laugh

Wait if MGS didn't like it then we got problems.IGN's movie podcast described it a four year old telling you a story. And then the robots came and went boom. And the dinosaurs said rawr
  • Like 6

Finally got around to seeing Dragon 2.  The director is attempting to make something really challenging for kids with the complex morality of something like "Saving Private Ryan" and he knocks it out of the park.  Impressed by how little action there is in the first hour and how he just lets atmosphere linger, even if kids grow a little bored by the lack of action.  He doesn't care if the kids get bored, because in the last 15 minutes he will knock you out of your seat with intensity.  Great effort by this guy, Dubois.

That's all well & good but the parents care if the kids get bored - maybe that's why it's not doing so well.

• Like 1

Changeling is solid and Jolie is great. Gran Torino is okay, but not a complete mess. Hereafter, on the other hand, is a god-awful abomination that happened to  steal Scott Pilgrim's one potential Oscar nomination.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 2

Changeling is solid and Jolie is great. Gran Torino is okay, but not a complete mess. Hereafter, on the other hand, is a god-awful abomination that happened to  steal Scott Pilgrim's one potential Oscar nomination.

Nah, Hereafter is good. The abomination is J. Edgar, fuck that movie. 

• Like 1

Unforgiven is my idea of a perfect movie. just jaw-dropping and it gets better every time I see it. clint shoulda just kicked back into retirement after he made it. no way he was gonna top it and it's a great cap. I appreciate he kept to his word about never making another western tho.

• Like 2

This PPV...Ugh...Fuck today.

It had a fucking great opening match.

The rest of the card besides the ladder matches is crap, tho...

Edited by CJohn

I don't remember much at all from J. Edgar besides the fact that I really wanted Armie Hammer to get naked and have a hot male love scene with DiCaprio (who holds little sex appeal to me).

• Like 2

Haven't seen J. Edgar, but it can't be much worse than choppily edited stories and relentless corniness.

It is far worse. Far worse. I can't believe I actually survived it. It was a painful experience in theaters.