CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

• Community Manager

The balls is a pretty cure gag, like, say, in a SNL sketch but in a movie about intergalactic warfare that kind of low brow humor is dragging everything down.

The IMAX sequence is incredible though. 

Posted Image

• Like 3

That's OK though. There hasn't been a summer release in the last 40 years that matches Jaws in the quality department.

Spielberg outdid himself only 6 years later, to mention one.

• Like 2

TF4 is the highest grossing film on OW with a runtimes over 160 minutes. First film to crack 100m ow since last November. First third sequel to crack 100m ow ever. Second sequel to crack 100m ow ever out of a so-called all rotten franchise on RT after TF2. Fuck yeah.

do you have sat and sun numbers?

Honestly, I think one could argue that Avatar is the JP of this generation.  I personally wouldn't, but I could see the argument made for it.  At least it's a better comparison than Transformers.

Avatar is JP on steroids of this generation. It has influenced all this epic film making, all this 3D... And expanding the film markets Worldwide. :)

Just like JP took what Terminator 2 did and expanded on it and introduced the world to even more CGI fueled creations. :)

Never in my life have I seen so many kids and folks over 70 enjoying themselves in modern times like I did with Avatar I though.

It is without a doubt the  Jurassic Park and thensome of this generation.

I mean the film was so big it got its own AVatar Day to go see 16-20mins of footage early in the summer around the world

LOL  only James Cameron gets that kind of Annoitment on who is King!!

Jaws is great and one of my favorite movies, but Jurassic Park is better. 

The only think JP has over Jaws is the quality of it's special effects monsters which is truly superb and still hasn't been bettered on screen.

Jaws has it beat in regards to acting, writing, directing, editing, pacing, smarts, humor, chills and a visceral pure dread. 

• Like 2

That's OK though. There hasn't been a summer release in the last 40 years that matches Jaws in the quality department.

Hmm Xmas its a different story with Titanic and Jurassic Park.

I beg to differ if Aliens was released during  Summer. Its just as good as Jaws in the quality department. Just that its sci-fi

LOL, guys, I didn't bring up TDKR. Someone else did.Sorry I can't move things at the moment, I'm on my phone and won't be near a computer for a couple of hours.

:lol: