CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

On mobile, it is pretty tough to go to the first page as there is no "First page" or "Last page" option (at least not in the mobile version I browse). Just last read, and a bunch of "prev" and "next" buttons.

I don't know what IPS has planned for future versions of their mobile app. The best bet for now is to go off titles, or mark the thread read, in which case you'll be taken to the first post when you tap on the thread.

carly slae delivered musical perfection and people responded. no need to hate on something good just because it was popular and whatever indie band you like wasn't

jandrew you forced me to change my icon for the first time because i cannot stand idly by as someone blasphemes against the Canadian Queen Carly Slae Legendsen the First

Um...I don't listen to "indie bands" actually...see my picture in the BOF Faces thread and you'll see why. It's the worst pop song because it's the worst pop song. It's everything a pop song shouldn't be, but is. You praise Carly Rae, but she likely had very little control in the song, if any. The song doesn't belong to her. All she is is a model, a pretty face to help sell it. Musical perfection? Everything about the song is autotuned and processed. Simple lyrics - "hey, I just met you, this is crazy, yayaya", the beat has been used in a million other songs, and so forth.The music industry is a business, just like movies. The fact that Carly Rae cant churn out another hit means Scooter and Interscope will likely be dropping her soon, because her face and "voice" was a one time thing. They may like Carly Rae, but they want whats gonna bring the money in. Why do you think Scooter hopped on Psy after Gangnam Style? He didn't like Gangnam Style, he just saw it as an opportunity for more money if he put him in English. Why do you think all these artists have changed from the original ways? Usher, Shakira, Taylor Swift, Chris Brown, Robin Thicke, all bands today, Black Eyed Peas, even my lil chico Pitbull. They had signature sounds, but now sing about the same things and have the same beats. Because the people actually making the songs go with the trend, and there isnt a lot the artist can usually do. Before Pitbull signed with one of the major labels (that own 90% of the industry), he did underground raps with latin beats, now everything he does is simple and a club song, but at least he's catchy and likeable, and you know not to take him serious. I'd be surprise if Carly even made any decent money off Call Me Maybe, after Interscope and Scooter Braun filled there pockets. It was a simple song, that caught on because the record company, not Carly Rae, hit it on the nail, and that's what the record company wants. The song was a product of the company, they got producers to make it, then they used Carly's face to sell it. She gives off that "innocent and warm teenager vibe" so they knew they could reel people (mainly younger girls) in, who are likely to go to Itunes and buy it and get it blasted on the radio rather than ripping it off Youtube or whatever.Sorry if I offended your queen Carly, but that's how it is. That's how the music industry works. Theres a reason its the same songs on the radio and itunes, and theres a reason they all pretty much sound the same. Have you heard of indies (not bands) and payola?, or have you researched how a radio station operates? Did you know practically all the radio stations are owned by 3 companies? That partner with the big record companies? Did you know one guy is responsible for most of the songs from Britney, JT, Katy Perry, Rhianna, etc? He's written 17 or 20 #1 pop hits. That's how it is. The artists try to incorporate as much of their style as usual, but they're usually just faces selling the product.I still listen to the music, but I don't understand the worship, or why Call Me Maybe happened. I know why, but it's dumb. Sorry.

Edit: of course water would log off,

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

Disappointing sat for TF4 though if look at the Friday # - thurs /mids then it's probably not far from expected. So best case :41 + 32 + 25 = 98? (Anyone smell a Porto Rico it over 100 coming from the studio? ;) )

• Like 2

That's cool. I always have Chris. -_-

This is a conscious decoupling #ED, let's not make this any more awkward than it already is. I'm not here to gloat. But I never betrayed you.

• Like 1

This is a conscious decoupling #ED, let's not make this any more awkward than it already is. I'm not here to gloat. But I never betrayed you.

Same here. Peaceful wishes in your future broships.
  • Like 2

Posted Image

What's this from? Half Life?

Nothing to see here.

WHAAAA

Zeus descended on to Earth, showed that he was the one true god, and provided us with the secrets of the universe. Unfortunately CJohn was the only one who saw what Zeus wrote, and didn't want anyone else to see it, so he deleted all the posts leading up to and after Zeus's return. CJohn is planning his path to world domination right now.

... this sounds oddly similar to PentaGod (has anyone heard about that lol)

Don't. It's just...ugh. 

Yeah, I figured.

On mobile, it is pretty tough to go to the first page as there is no "First page" or "Last page" option (at least not in the mobile version I browse). Just last read, and a bunch of "prev" and "next" buttons.

If scroll to the bottom of the page, you will find a button 'full version'. Click on it and it's like the normal web page after that. Especially great on iPads and tablets.
  • Like 4

...I have figured it out.

Ecstasy went with #ED to drive a wedge between the two of you, but YOU were her true target all along!

:ohmygod:

Pink and E...

Makes sense.

It was all part of the plan, huh Pink?

Posted Image

No more romantic partners. Just me and my space bro, Numbers.

:lol:

LOL You guys are crazy.

I adore you Mr. Pink. You are a top of the line class act. :)

• Like 6

It's good. I expected a bit more punch to the ending, but overall I enjoyed it

I admit my biggest problem with my stories is the ending. It's always hard to think of the proper end to a story if you ask me.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1