Blankments

YEAR 9 - Predictions v Actuals: Dawn of Totals (Actuals Thread)

Blank, that Numbers Theory number is just excessive. It's more of a slow burn thriller than an action flick (more of an Isolation than a Vengeance or The Horn). Damn, and it's my film too!!!

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

True but besides that the only two animated films haven't some as well as one would have hoped.

Actually tortoise run has done way better than anyone hoped or expected (like at least 20-30 million above highest expectation) but that was a B grade animation that has already stopped earning. But I do agree with your point with ice desert
  • Like 1

So I have Numbers Theory at 165-170 million currently with about 15-18m more left in the tank.

So it will not beat Wolves of the Deep for highest grossing Liam Neeson solo outing. That harsh 4th weekend drop definitely was the deciding factor. Of course the fact that it even posed a threat to Wolves is just mind-numbing.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

Blank, that Numbers Theory number is just excessive. It's more of a slow burn thriller than an action flick (more of an Isolation than a Vengeance or The Horn). Damn, and it's my film too!!!

In retrospect, I think I would've had it have a harsh weekend drop ala Drive. Oh well

God damn it Blank, that's my second film to greatly underperform despite good reviews and predictions! Did I run over your dog or something?

Edited by Rukaio Alter
  • Like 2

spoiler alert

basically March is gonna have one big breakout and a lot of disappointments

Oh joy. So at least three of my films are going to disappoint this quarter. 

Ah, who am I kidding? My luck's not that good. All four of my films are going to disappoint this quarter.

• Like 1

Oh joy. So at least three of my films are going to disappoint this quarter. 

Ah, who am I kidding? My luck's not that good. All four of my films are going to disappoint this quarter.

Phoenix Wright is making back its budget at least 10X over. That's not bad

• Like 1

Don't worry; that's all I have to say

See, in my current paranoid stupor, there are two different ways I can take that. 

a) Don't worry, your other films won't do too badly.

or

b ) Don't worry. It'll all be over soon.... *sinister Varrick smile*

The second is far more creepy. And, according to my general paranoia against the universe, far more likely.

Edited by Rukaio Alter
  • Like 1

Phoenix Wright is making back its budget at least 10X over. That's not bad

Huh. Wow. Those legs/overseas totals should interesting. What should be even more interesting is how Part 2 performs later in the year and how much the positive WOM will help.

• Like 1

As I mentioned in the blurb, Wright is very friendly for OS with the video game being more popular out of the US and the appealing cast.

Just didn't see much break-out appeal in the US though

As I mentioned in the blurb, Wright is very friendly for OS with the video game being more popular out of the US and the appealing cast.

Just didn't see much break-out appeal in the US though

S'alright. I always thought it would be a bit of a hard sell. Wasn't expecting it to have a lower OW than The Cave though...

• Like 1