Shadow

Rank The Indiana Jones Films

Hey all, been here a while but only recently got around to posting after checking my e-mails and seeing I still had a membership here, remembering I signed up. I searched for this topic but couldn't find it, if it exists by all means merge it.

This is one of my all-time favorite film series and I love every entry in their own way, even the much-maligned Crystal Skull. How do you rank them all in order of preference? My ranking is untraditional and probably even quite controversial, but it goes:

Temple Of DoomRaiders Of The Lost Ark

Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

The Last Crusade

I'm sure numerous will want to come after me with torches and pitchforks for having Last Crusade last on my list, but don't take it as me disliking the film because I still dig it very much and even tend to rotate on it and Crystal Skull. I find Last Crusade was a little too comical at times for my liking and too much like Raiders, but I still enjoy it a lot.

I think Raiders is the best in many ways but I find Temple Of Doom the most entertaining. I love it's much darker, harsher tone and how it differs from Raiders with more exotic locales, different enemies and a different mythlogy, plus I love the set designs and music. It's also got easily my favorite sequence in the series with the mine cart chase.

I think all four are excellent and I wouldn't mind a fifth one if they get on it ASAP.

• Like 1

I know that Raiders is the favorite for many, but IMHO, I prefer Last Crusade.

Said this, I am a maniac of Indiana. I love the original trilogy. My ranking is in this order:

Last Crusade (10/10)

Temple of Doom (10/10) (Very underrated)

Raiders of the Lost Ark (10/10)

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (6/10)

Edited by peludo

1. Raiders - A(98)

2. Last Crusade - A(95)

3. Crystal Skull - B(87)

4. Temple of Doom - B(87)

Yes, I like CS slightly more than ToD. I give them the same rating though.

Edited by Empire
  • Like 1

Anyways, grading these type of movies are hard. Entertainment value wise they are all 110's because its mother fuckign Indiana Jones. So A+++ for all 3. but if I had too.

Raiders A (97.5)

Crusade A- (92)

Temple B+ (87.5) (Was my favorite as a kid though)

Skull C+ (77)