#ED

Wknd "Paramount Actuals": TF4 -100.04M | RTH Favorite Radio Station - 97.5 FM [Actuals pg 11]

Death, taxes, and every even numbered transformers movie getting an asterisk on it's opening weekend BOM article  

*Other outlets are reporting that Paramount is inflating the weekend figure for Transformers: Age of Extinction, and that the actual number is around $98 million (or lower). Mojo's policy is to stick with the number that the studio has reported, though, and will list $100 million until Paramount issues a revision.

• Like 1

But seriously, am I the only one who thinks it's possible that Warner Bros. fudged TDKR OW over TDK OW?

Who knows. It's possible. But if so they were way more subtle than Paramount. The Sunday weekend estimates didn't seem unusual at all (if anything, they maybe felt a tiny bit low, IIRC), and the actuals didn't really change much from the estimates. There's nothing that really stood out as fudging in any way.

Now, if it looked like TDKR would come in around 156 or 157, and then the estimate was 159 and the actual was 159.02, sure, that would've looked bad.

• Like 1

100,038,390 - Massive trolling here. Just MASSIVE.

Also, congrats to CA2, the new number 1 movie of the year in America. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

But seriously, am I the only one who thinks it's possible that Warner Bros. fudged TDKR OW over TDK OW?

Given what happened that weekend, no one gives less of a shit.

Honestly, as potentially bad as it sounds, as fans and followers of the box office, I think we all should care. Yes, it was a terrible thing that happened that weekend, but this is a box office site. We should always care if studios are lying and fudging their numbers just to claim records. Yes it's a terrible thing that happened that weekend, but it's also a great excuse for Nolan fanboys to use to justify TDKR not opening to the terribly overhyped predictions that were floating around weeks and months before its release.

As for all the controversy surrounding TF4's supposed 100m OW, some of the jokes people are coming up with are hilarious. I hate that Paramount is so obviously fudging, but at the same time, I'm not going to take the effort to type out "*98m" every time someone mentions TF4's 100m weekend.

• Like 2

Lol, does anyone watch What the Flick!? on youtube with top critics Christy Lemire and Alonso Duralde?  About halfway through their discussion on Transformers 4, Alonso Duralde(film critic for thewrap.com)gets frustrated talking about the movie and throws his hands up and says "fuck Michael Bay". :lol:

• Like 5

FINAL UPDATE, MONDAY 1:20 PM: Sorry, Paramount, but our Box Office chart will reflect what we believe is the more accurate three-day gross of Transformers: Age Of Extinction. We are also posting Par’s numbers so we can show the industry how they claimed to have gotten there. See below. Also, it is worth noting that with the accurate grosses, it puts Transformers 4‘s worldwide total at $299.6M. With Paramount’s inflated domestic grosses, it puts their worldwide gross at an inflated $302.1M. But what better headlines to please the bosses and shareholders with: A $100M domestic and over $300M worldwide. The only problem? It’s a public company and there are strict guidelines about this type of thing.

The more accurate weekend gross: 1). Transformers: Age Of Extinction (PAR), 4,233 theaters / $40.9M Fri. / $31.68M Sat. (-23%) / $24.9M (-21%) / Per screen average: $ $23,030 / 3-day cume: $97.5M) / Wk 1

1). What Paramount claims it to be: Transformers: Age Of Extinction (PAR), 4,233 theaters / $41.8M Fri. / $32.4M Sat. (-22%) / $25.7M (-20.6%) / Per screen average: $23,633 / 3-day est. cume: $100.038M / Wk 1

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/transformers-late-night-estimate-8-75m-on-path-to-mid-90m-opening/

Edited by Sir Tiki
  • Like 12

Deadline is way off anyway. They are using China's original 90M OW estimates instead of the 99.35 Actual.

WW total should be about 309M.

Edited by #ED
  • Like 6

Those 38,390 are the biggest trolling I have ever seen from a big company. I can't get over that. I am laughing out loud right now.

Well it's not like they can leave it at 100m even like the estimates. How much more obvious could they make it then?