MovieGuyKyle17

Early Wed Numbers: Tammy 6.18 (incl 1.3 previews), Trans4 7.7, DUFE: 2.8 ETE 2.6...pg 21

I beg you and everyone else, don't do that.  Go find an usher or a manager to take care of that for you.

When I saw Hulk (the Ang Lee one) a guy behind me answered his phone and started talking very loudly. I asked him to leave the theater if it was so important, but he refused. Unfortunately, when I went to get an usher, they didn't do anything about it.

My friends were worried the guy might start a fight after the movie.

Yeah, that's the problem with modern cgi. Nobody is going to be super impressed with something like that shot from Catching Fire because you assume it's all cgi-cobbled-together. It's nowhere near as clever as that shot from Contact or as impressive as that shot from Touch Of Evil.

That's why a shot needs greater meaning or provide more information than a series of shots in order to stand out. Which is as it should be.

• Like 2

Youre missing the point. 82, 83 same thing. 82 just furthers my point. I see Echo's sad numbers, thats why I said "I wish Echo had more appeal, because its not an ET knock off to the 5-11 year olds of today, just an okay time at the movies for them.

Unless they've seen E.T. thanks to their parents.

Besides kids not being interested enough in Earth To Echo, just means that trailers and marketing did nothing for them, obviously.

Edited by Fancyarcher

I remember back when ROTS came out, and there was that super long tracking shot of the starfighters in the opening battle. It was supposed to be all super impressive, and while it was nice, it really just felt like cgi overload. (Though it was cool.)

It made me want to see a lot more of the battle than what we got.

Maybe in that original hour-long opening sequence cut that's stored in some Lucasfilm data drive we get the true epic space battle we've not seen since 1983.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

Unless they've seen E.T. thanks to their parents.

Besides they might not actually be interested in seeing Earth to Echo, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's an okay time at the movies, that just means that trailers and marketing did nothing for them.

Hasn't everyone seen E.T as a kid?

• Like 2

Going back to a previous conversation.  I don't think Baumer should be criticized for using his phone in the theater.  He should be criticized for seeing Tammy in the first place.

Maleficent projections with estimate

wed: 1.21

Thurs: +30% - 1.57

Fri: +8% - 1.70

Sat: +54% - 2.61

Sun: -28% - 1.88

3day/5day

6.19/8.97, $2533/location for 3 day, 213.99 total

Mon: -53% - 0.89

Tues: +6% - 0.94

Weds: - 0.94

Thurs: -10% - 0.85

2100 locations

Fri: +27% - 1.08

Sat: +34% - 1.45

Sun: -23% - 1.11

weekend: 3.64, $1733/location, 221.25 total

Mon: 0.53

Tues: 0.51

Wed: 0.49

Thurs: 0.47

= 223.25 total

may finish at 230-235, the longer it stays in dollar theaters and theaters without a video release date, the more of a chance it has to pass X-Men

Sat:

• Like 2