La Binoche

Thurs #s (Deadline): T:AOE 9.45, Tammy 5.5, DUFE 2.6, ETE 2.6, HTTYD + 22 JS 2.5

8th UPDATE, Thursday, 10:30 PM:Tonight is the second day of the five-day holiday weekend for newcomers TammyDeliver Us From Evil and Earth to Echo and the Warner Bros.’ comedy starring Melissa McCarthy is leading the pack of the newbies, adding another estimated $5.5M to bring its two-day cume to $11.7M. Day to day, it was down 10%. The Jerry Bruckheimer-produced horror film Deliver Us From Evil is next with about $2.6M down about 8% from yesterday to bring its two-day total to roughly $5.4M while Relativity’s Earth to Echo garnered about $2.6M for a two-day cume of $5.2M. How to Train Your Dragon 2 and 22 Jump Street — both in their third week of release came in with about $2.5M.  Of course, the holiday box office king is Transformers: Age of Extinctionwhich pulled in around $9.45M today, up around 23%. For this July 4th holiday, tonight plays more like a Friday night as everyone heads into this long weekend. More in the A

• Like 5

LIFE ITSELF and SNOWPIERCER aren't coming here anytime soon, so I might as well go to sleep for the next seven days. Actually, make that six--I want to catch EDGE OF TOMORROW again before it leaves theaters. I know we/I bitch about TF4 constantly, but between EDGE, APES and SNOWPIERCER we are getting some actual sci-fi this summer. 

You just have to go out and find it for yourself sometimes. 

Happy 4th everybody. 

• Like 7

Decent jump for TF4. Falls right in the range most of the movies increased on Thursday back in '08 (20-30%). 34m for the weekend would be my guess with that Thursday continuing to use '08 4th holds.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Garbage weekend coming up in 3.... 2... 1....

I can't believe we had the huge Despicable Me 2 last year on July 4th weekend! :sadno:

Yeah it's pretty uneventful.

I dont think a different release date would've helped.

Pretty much agree. As much as it pains me to say this the general public just obviously had no interest in the movie. I don't know if doing much differently would have helped. I mean it's a fantastic film just like its predecessor with no direct competition, and yet that's not doing squat for its legs so I think that speaks volumes about just how much the public apparently didn't care about a sequel to the first. :(

Edited by MovieMan89