luna

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2014! (CLOSED)

Yes, it was super cute, I'm a sucker for a good cheesy on the nose rom com. 

hey we've all got these "guilty pleasures" don't think I'm judging or anything  :lol:

but I absolutely dreaded that thing(coming from a big Tom Hanks fan)..you want a good cheesy rom-com? Love Actually is the most perfect one of all time

Edited by Johnny Wiseau
  • Like 2

hey we've all got these "guilty pleasures" don't think I'm judging or anything  :lol:

but I absolutely dreaded that thing(coming from a big Tom Hanks fan)..you want a good cheesy rom-com? Love Actually is the most perfect one of all time

I love that movie but…. I haven't seen it in awhile.

Im an Adult now and I look at movies way way way more in depth then I did in high school or middle school. It felt weird saying hey this movie is a top 100 movie of all time for me but I haven't seen it since I was 15. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 1

hey we've all got these "guilty pleasures" don't think I'm judging or anything  :lol: but I absolutely dreaded that thing(coming from a big Tom Hanks fan)..you want a good cheesy rom-com? Love Actually is the most perfect one of all time

Love Actually is my mom's favorite movie
  • Like 2

I love that movie but…. I haven't seen it in awhile.

Im an Adult now and I look at movies way way way more in depth then I did in high school or middle school. It felt weird saying hey this movie is a top 100 movie of all time for me but I haven't seen it since I was 15. 

I have to admit..recently I'm more into TV shows recently..they deliver better characters,story arcs for obvious reasons..while movies are getting kind of lame for me..I understand this adult thing..I used to be taken by the visuals..but now all I care about is the story and the characters..and when it comes to movies..I'm more interested in their BO run than the movies themselves..isn't that weird?

why am I ranting about this again?  :ph34r:

Edited by Johnny Wiseau
  • Like 1

Yes, it was super cute, I'm a sucker for a good cheesy on the nose rom com. 

It's cute but it's not even the 2nd best film version of the play Parfumerie  James Stewart's classic The Shop Around the Corner (1940) is by far the best and the Judy Garland musical  In the Good Old Summertime (1949) is also better.

It's cute but it's not even the 2nd best film version of the play Parfumerie  James Stewart's classic The Shop Around the Corner (1940) is by far the best and the Judy Garland musical  In the Good Old Summertime (1949) is also better.

They are now officially on my watchlist, Ill have to check them out, thanks. 

They are now officially on my watchlist, Ill have to check them out, thanks. 

The James Stewart/Margaret Sullivan version directed by Ernst Lubitsch is by far the better of the two but if you enjoy Garland and musicals  - and I do - the other is charming - if not you're safe to skip it.

In far off, interwar Budapest, the intricately connected employees of an upscale shop live out their little, charmed lives. At the center of the story lives an Assistant Manager (James Stewart) who does not know that the woman with whom he is exchanging love letters is, in fact, his newest employee (Margaret Sullavan). Samson Raphaelson's perfectly plotted script is impeccably realized. The once-famous "Lubitsch touch" was a combination of wry observation, delicate sentiment and gently controlled romanticism. -- TIME Magazine All Time Top 100