CJohn

The Purge: Election Year | July 1, 2016

I'm shocked that any of you would care what critics say about a film like this.  If you enjoyed the first two, then you should go see this one.  Pretty much that's it.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

I'm shocked that any of you would care what critics say about a film like this.  If you enjoyed the first two, then you should go see this one.  Pretty much that's it.  

It's not that we care, but considering the past history of this franchise, it makes one curious to see this get the reviews it's getting.

Up to 75%.

7 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

It's not that we care, but considering the past history of this franchise, it makes one curious to see this get the reviews it's getting.

Up to 75%.

It's up to 75% but if you look at its rating, it's actually not that far off from where the others were. Of course to the GA who just look at the percentage, that doesn't matter but it's being rated roughly the same. Just that more critics are giving it a fresh rating rather than rotten. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Speaking of critics, RT is so damn fun...

Purge the Election Year: 71%  w/ avg 5.7 

BFG: 70% w/ avg 6.4

Central Intelligence: 66% w/ avg 5.7

X-Men Apoc: 48% w/ avg 5.7

Free State of Jones: 44% w/ avg 5.5

Also The Shallows 74% with 6.4 avg but is less than Election Year with 75% and 5.7 avg lol 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nova said:

Also The Shallows 74% with 6.4 avg but is less than Election Year with 75% and 5.7 avg lol 

Secret Life of Pets 83% w/ 6.3 avg

The Conjuring 2 79% w/ 6.6 avg

The Shallows 74% w/ 6.3 avg

Not as bad as Free State of Jones being about the same rating as Purge but having 27% lower rating, but a 9% gap w/ the same average is pretty funny too. It shows that Secret Life of Pets is getting more passing grades rather than stellar ones I guess...

• Like 1

The problem with the average rating on RT is that it only comes from the ones that have actually provided ratings. Reviews like Hollywood Reporter and Variety don't get included in the average rating because they don't provide ratings to go into the average.

2 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Dang. Sorry to hear that. That's still good enough in my book so I'll see it tomorrow.

Oh I recommend seeing it. I'm a big fan of these movies and if you are you should totally go see it too. You're getting exactly what you expect lol However if I were to rank the 3 I'd put this one behind Anarachy. 

• Like 1

I don't really consider these to be horror films.  I'm not sure what you would call them as they definitely have dystopian horrific elements to it.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

It s not that far from the Hunger Games thematically actually.

It's just way more violent lol But yea I don't consider them a horro film either. More like a survival at all costs type film aka as you've stated The Hunger Games 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnnY said:

this may already have been mentioned here, but why didn't they release this in October? The presidential election will be in early november, it would be the perfect fit. 

Because by then it'll be too late for us to see the havoc that will ensue. Releasing it now gives us time to actually think about our actions and who we vote for. 

11 minutes ago, JohnnY said:

this may already have been mentioned here, but why didn't they release this in October? The presidential election will be in early november, it would be the perfect fit. 

Summer dollars.  I think this does way better in the summer than dumping it in October.

Just now, Nova said:

Because by then it'll be too late for us to see the havoc that will ensue. Releasing it now gives us time to actually think about our actions and who we vote for. 

Good grief, why would anyone let a movie tell them who to vote for?

That's why liberal bias in the entertainment industry is so harmful.  It can influence people who can't think for themselves and need celebs/movies/singers to tell them what to believe.

I'll probably sit this election out (at Pres level unless Trump is replaced at convention) but i'm sure you'll run out to vote for Hillary, maybe the most openly corrupt and lying candidate we've ever had for the Presidency.