CJohn

The Purge: Election Year | July 1, 2016

15 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Which decisions are you talking about 

I didn't say I agreed with the idea :P   but if you just google the purge bad decisions, you will see literally hundreds of sites that talk about them.  I just copied this one as an example.  I put them in spoilers anyway even though I didn't need to :P 

Spoiler

The children have no redeemable qualities. They're stupid and make terrible life decisions. The boy lets a stranger into his house as a supposed good deed but the resulting chain of events lead to the deaths of at least a dozen people including his father. Good job, kid. I don't know who's dumber, the boy for letting a stranger into his house, and I'll say this again, ON THE ONE NIGHT THAT MURDER IS LEGAL, or Ethan Hawke for trusting his dumbass kid with the code to their home security system. Then there's the girl. She knowingly runs throughout the house while A- the power is out, B- there's a random homeless dude wandering about inside, C- her family has been threatened, and D- she knows that her family is gathered in that one room upstairs. The only good thing she does in this movie is kill the lead, creepy, preppy looking,  douchebag in what is perhaps the least climactic death I've ever seen.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bcf26 said:

Lol. Why are you guys saying that this is a horror movie. I watched the first two movies and they are action/suspence/thriller and not horror.

I can argue the first one but I totally agree that the second one isn't horror at all.  It was one of my points when I did the review in that section. :P

so yeah not sure which was this will go until I look at the trailer that apparently was just posted :P 

Edited by 75live

4 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Frank Grillo is back? I'm in without even seeing the trailer.

yep, he is back and what happened in part 2 obviously made him into who he is in this movie.  Trying to be vague so not to spoiler the trailer for you :P 

Fucking A!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't give a shit if people want to call this franchise 'horror fims,' 'action movies,' or whatever.

I simply call them awesome, fascinating, entertaining, fun, and badass.

My body, heart, and soul are SO ready for Election Year.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Looks awesome. I find it funny that this took the 4th of July weekend while IDR releases on June 24th..haha..stupid FOX.

Actually, I think they'd rather have a 4th of July 2nd weekend small drop than a post-4th of July second weekend big drop.

• Like 1

I like the premise of this one but I didn't like the trailer. It should have stopped when they're about to invade the senator's house. It would make it way more intriguing and exciting. I only hope they didn't showed too much as it seems.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

What is the justification in these movies for the government encouraging everyone to kill each other?

I think the backstory is that the US went through a big depression and social chaos, and when the country emerged the Purge was instituted to allow people to blow off steam once a year as a way of defusing potential civil unrest.

• Like 1