CoolioD1

Wednesday Actuals: TF4 - 3.68M (pg 10)

I like it when franchises that have overstayed their welcome drop like rocks.

I mean, perhaps, if they made a good sequel/finale or if they rebooted it, it'd be OK, but 4th films? Please fuck off.

Glad that Shrek Forever After basically sunk Shrek. I love POTC but AWE was crap and OST wasn't much better. Original SM has sucked, I liked TASM but with Sony trying to make 4 and 5 happen, I'm glad TASM2 fell again from TASM, it must be like less than 50% of the original SM audience by now with 3D and inflation.

In recent years, the non-events that were Die Hard 5, Scream 4, American Reunion.

Even franchises I like, like Bourne, even liking Legacy the semi-reboot. Can't they just come up with new concepts already?

• Like 3

Also, on that same note, glad that movies like Alvin and the Chipmunks 3 and Ice Age (in general) have already fallen so much.

Can't wait to see Alvin 4 fail to make $60m. Same goes with Smurfs 2 and other of its ilk.

Night at the Museum 3 coming this Christmas for no one to see it.

Katch, that was her point. The odds are never in your favor because every movie that you like won't breakout at the BO. More often than not, movies that we end up liking will end up underperforming. She didn't mean You as in Katch.....she meant You as in all of us.

But that was my point as well.

She enjoyed seeing the movies she didn't like perform badly. She cheered when they did badly. I thought that was childish and uncalled for so I said there'd be a day when her favourite movies failed her because of what you said above.

We can support the movies we like without getting on people's nerve. This is not a school yard, we shouldn't have "my movie's better than yours" attitude.

• Like 1

But that was my point as well.

She enjoyed seeing the movies she didn't like perform badly. She cheered when they did badly. I thought that was childish and uncalled for so I said there'd be a day when her favourite movies failed her because of what you said above.

We can support the movies we like without getting on people's nerve. This is not a school yard, we shouldn't have "my movie's better than yours" attitude.

:huh:

All I did was say "Yes!!!", nor am I the only person who doesn't like the Transformers series. It's not like I troll and say it 24/7 like your making it out to be. Nor did I say that my movies were better than it. I'm impressed you got all that out of a simple "Yes!!!"

Need a midol?

Edited by k1stpierre
  • Like 1

While I hope you're right, it's not like WWZ was panned by critics. They liked it enough. Audiences embraced it. Had the hype to help it along. Held well week to week v. still competition in Man of Steel. By the way, I thought it kinda sucked too. Just dull and boring. No matter what wins out, Apes will likely gross at least $175M+ DOM and $550M+ WW. It's going to do well.

I know why WWZ did well, I just think it's dull and overate so it's just me being annoyed that a better film like Apes might not top it.

Edited by KATCH 22

The TV deal is directly tied into box office. Home video is another deal altogether.

Thanks buddy. I had no idea that TV pays 12% of the gross for the rights.

Are you SURE that the original post wasn't a prank? As I said, this looks like the best Bullshit! prank that Penn and Teller never did.If the OP was serious, I'm not sure whether to laugh harder, or curl up and cry.

Edited by TServo2049

:huh:

All I did was say "Yes!!!", nor am I the only person who doesn't like the Transformers series. It's not like I troll and say it 24/7 like your making it out to be. Nor did I say that my movies were better than it. I'm impressed you got all that out of a simple "Yes!!!"

Need a midol?

I didn't judge you by just one comment obviously. You clearly made that kind of comments often enough for me to remember.

And I didn't just quote you when I made the comment that started our conversation so it wasn't as if I was single you out.

Are you SURE that the original post wasn't a prank? As I said, this looks like the best Bullshit! prank that Penn and Teller never did.If the OP was serious, I'm not sure whether to laugh harder, or curl up and cry.

I think the original post is obviously a prank.  How other, really, really, really stupid people reacted is probably real.  

• Like 1