CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

Are you saying that it would be armageddon at Paramount, except for those bad boys in China?

Transformers has to go through some pain domestically but it is making very nice gains in a lot of markets international.  There are also some island countries where it is doing well.

• Like 7

Even without China it would make $600-700m WW so a bit sad but not end of days sad.  Does Paramount have any other big franchises?

Paramount is going through a lot of pain and gain with their other franchises. In fact, except for the MI series, you might say Bayformers are the island for them.

edit: dammit, baumer stole my thunder.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 8

Paramount is going through a lot of pain and gain with their other franchises. In fact, except for the MI series, you might say Bayformers are the island for them.

OMFG!!

That is eerily similar to my post. 

• Like 3

Dragon will finally cross 150m. 

Very nice expansion for Begin Again.

Maleficent is poised to win the summer I think. Still won't count out Transformers. But Mal is having great weekend holds.

XDOFP is doing ok still. Really wish it could go a little higher. But 700m plus world wide is a very nice accomplishment.

EOT was a good fun movie. Wish it could cross 100m.

• Like 2

Great minds etc.

• Like 4

So that's one pre-1980's movie you like. :)

My range of films I like are from about 1968-2014.

There are a few pre 1968 films I love, like Psycho and Singin in the Rain, but for the most part, I like films in that range.

• Like 1

Transformers has to go through some pain domestically but it is making very nice gains in a lot of markets international.  There are also some island countries where it is doing well.

You have to be kidding me, lol.

• Like 3

Dragon will finally cross 150m. 

Very nice expansion for Begin Again.

Maleficent is poised to win the summer I think. Still won't count out Transformers. But Mal is having great weekend holds.

XDOFP is doing ok still. Really wish it could go a little higher. But 700m plus world wide is a very nice accomplishment.

EOT was a good fun movie. Wish it could cross 100m.

Why are so many people ignoring Apes potential to win the Summer. 

• Like 1

Tf4's drop domestically could have been better but I the end it's normal for a fourth film in an episodic franchise. It is still hugely successful and Bay is still one of the most successful directors on Hollywood Only problem is Paramount doesn't have too many franchises so they have to rely solely on this one. Which is not a good idea

• Like 3