CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

You'd be surprised

I liked 2001 Apes.  Not a fantastic film but a decent enough time at the movies.  Great cast too.

• Like 2

Isn't GI Joe a Paramount franchise also doing well? It is not a 600M WW beast but it works. 

That'll teach them to sink a ship too soon.  It totally killed the Titanic sequel potential.

Seriously, as Tele pointed out they do have MI. GI Joe is pretty expensive for films that made $300m and $375m

• Like 2

Transformers has to go through some pain domestically but it is making very nice gains in a lot of markets international.  There are also some island countries where it is doing well.

Paramount is going through a lot of pain and gain with their other franchises. In fact, except for the MI series, you might say Bayformers are the island for them.

edit: dammit, baumer stole my thunder.

If only Tele and Baumer could have said Bay has been one of Paramount's bad boys

I'm disappointed none of you could shoehorn Pearl Harbour into your sentences. :lol:

• Like 4

That'll teach them to sink a ship too soon.  It totally killed the Titanic sequel potential.

Seriously, as Tele pointed out they do have MI. GI Joe is pretty expensive for films that made $300m and $375m

GI Joe 2 costed 130M and did 375M WW. That seems fine to me. 

• Like 1

The 2001 POTA can't possibly be worse than Dark Shadows.

It's pretty bad and worse it's the start of the Burton bloat where bad taste meets way too much money.  I miss the Burton of Ed Wood, Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare and even Big Fish. In the last decade it's pretty much just been Sweeny Todd that's been good and it would have been much better with actual singers instead of Burton's muses

• Like 1

It's pretty bad and worse it's the start of the Burton bloat where bad taste meets way too much money.  I miss the Burton of Ed Wood, Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare and even Big Fish. In the last decade it's pretty much just been Sweeny Todd that's been good and it would have been much better with actual singers instead of Burton's muses

Frankenweenie was great.

Why are so many people ignoring Apes potential to win the Summer. 

I don't know about anyone else but Apes has the potential but Maleficent is showing some great legs. Apes only has a preview and Friday under its belt. I won't count it out.

• Like 2