CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

DOTPOTA can look a bit confusing till you realize there was a movie called...DBAMTSCWDYJITH.

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood

• Like 7

4.1 could also mean this movie is less frontloaded.

Deffo. I'm not concerned, I expect fantastic legs so even if it does so-so in previews and like 70 opening, it can still go very high. With better reviews it should have even better multiplier than Malf so 250m is within reach

Been reading on The Twilight Zone set tragedy detailed court reports...Oh boy John Landis is an irresponsible and insufferable asshat. Seeing the actual footage is puke inducing.

That pretty much ended his career didn't it?

Been reading on The Twilight Zone set tragedy detailed court reports...Oh boy John Landis is an irresponsible and insufferable asshat. Seeing the actual footage is puke inducing.

Playboy interview with Eddie Murphy about Landis from 1990:

PLAYBOY: You could have directed Coming to America but didn't. Why? 

MURPHY: I wanted to help out [the director, John] Landis. I figured I'd give this guy a shot because his career was fucked. But he wound up fucking me. 

PLAYBOY: What happened? 

MURPHY: As it turned out, John always resented that I hadn't gone to his Twilight Zone trial. I never knew that; I though we were cool. But he'd been harboring it for a year. Every now and then, he would make little remarks, like, "You didn't help me out; you don't realize how close I was to going to jail." I never paid any mind. 

PLAYBOY: Did you think he was guilty? 

MURPHY: I don't want to say who was guilty or who was innocent. [Pauses] But if you're directing a movie and two kids get their heads chopped off at fucking twelve o'clock at night when there ain't supposed to be kids working, and you said, "Action!" then you have some sort of responsibility. So my principles wouldn't let me go down there and sit in court. That's just the way I am. If somebody in my family was guilty of something, I wouldn't sit there for them in a courtroom and say, "You've got my support." Fuck that. The most it would be is, "Hey, you go work that out. I still love ya; I'm still your friend." 

• Like 6

Deffo. I'm not concerned, I expect fantastic legs so even if it does so-so in previews and like 70 opening, it can still go very high. With better reviews it should have even better multiplier than Malf so 250m is within reach

Eh, I think Maleficent has a wider demographic to draw upon.

Apes won't be seeing drops in the 20s that Maleficent has managed to get.

It skews also older, which I guess helps your point actually, lol. Yeah, maybe it has a chance to beat Mal's legs.

• Like 1

That Landis and the others charged with involuntary manslaughter got off with just a civil suit/settlement is sickening.  Hopefully there's a different outcome in the Midnight Rider case.

• Like 2

No, he still made Trading Places, Coming to America and The Three Amigos after that.

He made fucking Thriller music video after the incident he was responsible of provoking by his reckless/careless behaviour and the guy was still whining that "his career suffered and didn't recover after the accident". Egocentric douchebag for life.

Edited by dashrendar44

Eh, I think Maleficent has a wider demographic to draw upon.

Apes won't be seeing drops in the 20s that Maleficent has managed to get.

It skews also older, which I guess helps your point actually, lol. Yeah, maybe it has a chance to beat Mal's legs.

I think Apes has a pretty wide demo too. It's an american classic. And July/August is less crowded with guaranteed-hits than May/June.

• Like 1

I don't think Apes is the kind of movie that people would rush to see during midnights.

I expect a strong OW.

I don't expect it to be a movie people rush to see period. That's why I expect a better multiplier than all the other summer tent-poles. Even a slightly better multiplier than Winter Soldier.

I don't expect it to be a movie people rush to see period. That's why I expect a better multiplier than all the other summer tent-poles. Even a slightly better multiplier than Winter Soldier.

Why? Rise got 176 million. It's already starting from better point than DOFP that followed First Class