CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

I don't see that happening.  It would require almost a 3.6 multiplier. This isn't a comedy, animated or a family/children geared movie.  It's also not a sleeper - it's a sequel opening to $70m.

Not to mention in a couple of weeks, Guardians and TMNT will cut right through those monkey legs. No disrespect to the movie, I myself plan on seeing it next weekend when my mom comes home from her church duties, but I am just giving my common sense assumption. And, I wouldn't rule out Lucy. Movies geared towards a woman audience has been doing gangbusters these past couple of years.

• Like 1

Just got back from seeing Apes. Great sequel. Hail Caesar! Congratulations to Fox for making the two best mainstream films of the summer. When was the last time we could say that?!

Night at the Museum 2 and XO:W 2009

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Never seen The Happening. I'm going to assume there is a twist,

Twist: there is none. Unless you consider a twist that shit that the plants do that lasts a day in America to happen 6 months after the events of the movie in France. 

The Happening is just a very good and hilarious comedy with a stunning performance of Mark Wahlberg.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1