CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

Some folk only notice 3D if it's in your face. I however immediately notice the depth and how distinct it looks compared to 2D.

I usually notice it at first, but then as the film goes on, I typically forget it is even in 3D unless there is a pop out moment to bring me back into it all.

Why? Because Godzilla is #1? People tend to vote on movies they have actually seen. So a lot of movies would probably not even make the cut. Godzilla did have the worst legs for a movie opening to 90m plus. Spidey was close behind and it was #2 on the list.

Except things like I, Frankenstein were making the list. Really? Godzilla is worse than Legend of Hercules or I, Frankenstein?Yeah no.
  • Like 1

Apes in 3D is very disappointing indeed. And the best use of 3D in movies is still James' Avatar. I just saw Avatar on 3D bluray again last week, and the depth of field created there is still superior to the current batch of heavily promoted 3D features, including The Hobbit movies.

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 1

Apes in 3D is very disappointing indeed. And the best use of 3D in movies is still James' Avatar. I just saw Avatar on 3D bluray again last week, and the depth of field created there is still superior to the current batch of heavily promoted 3D features, including The Hobbit movies.

I personally thought Gravity was better in 3D, from a theater and IMAX standpoint
  • Like 1