CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

l love it. such a fun movie

Amen.. Shocked some folks havent seen the Princess Bride between all the reruns

showing on cable or through family time viewing even if there from the late 90s-2000s

generation. :D.. Definitely one of the classic Blankments.

• Like 1

We can already tell them that, which is to show how confident I am! :)

Yep the only question is how big a gap will the ass kicking be my friend.

Will AV2  beat Avengers 2 by 1.3-1.5 or  go beyond our expectations and beat Avengers 2

by over  2 billion.. lol

What would be funny if Avatar 2 is so large that SW7 and Avengers 2 WW cant beat it at the Box

office...lol

As I have Avengers 2 at 1.45-1.5B,  SW7 1.6... Imagine if the two mega films still cant beat

Camerons 2 film in the franchise combined.. And that scenario could happen  Captain Jack.

lol

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

Well, we're largely picking nits about a grey area in the greater region of speculative fiction, but to me it comes down to how the events are explained in the context of story. Obviously all science fiction -- to some extent -- posits things that aren't possible or do not currently exist as we know it. But if those events and circumstances are explained in a "scientific" manner or via made-up technology, then it falls under science fiction. If they are explained via supernatural or magical elements, then it's fantasy. With AVATAR, the mind/body link is explained technologically, and the Eywa connection is explained "scientifically". If the exact same situations were presented using spells and incantations, it'd be fantasy. Two different paths to the same setup, though if you wanted to call AVATAR a space opera, I wouldn't disagree too much (though it's much more rooted in science than space operas usually are).

I don't like to put films into single genres like that, since they rarely fit perfectly. Avatar is both science fiction and fantasy. While some things are explained in technological/scientific terms, belief is still a major theme of the film, and the revelation of Eywa's qualities is done in a very fantastical matter, where not everything is explained right away (eg the glowing seeds and the floating mountains).

I think this is a debate worth having, though, since the terms seem to have very nebulous definitions.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

I don't like to put films into single genres like that, since they rarely fit perfectly. Avatar is both science fiction and fantasy. While some things are explained in technological/scientific terms, belief is still a major theme of the film, and the revelation of Eywa's qualities is done in a very fantastical matter, where not everything is explained right away (ie the glowing seeds and the floating mountains).

There are spiritual beliefs present, yes, but even the floating mountains are explained (they're laced with unobtanium ore, and Pandora has a powerful magnetic field... so the mountains float).
  • Like 1

Just use the tab on the front (between the legs) to adjust the length on the fly.

I was wondering what that was for.

I got it to connect with the stroller at least.

Posted Image

• Like 4

Yep the only question is how big a gap will the ass kicking be my friend. Will AV2 beat Avengers 2 by 1.3-1.5 or go beyond our expectations and beat Avengers 2by over 2 billion.. lolWhat would be funny if Avatar 2 is so large that SW7 and Avengers 2 WW cant beat it at the Boxoffice...lolAs I have Avengers 2 at 1.45-1.5B, SW7 1.6... Imagine if the two mega films still cant beatCamerons 2 film in the franchise combined.. And that scenario could happen Captain Jack.lol

Will be fun, hopefully the re release Avatar again so I can see it once more in the big screen!
  • Like 1

Ugh. Matt Reeves is one of those 'retweet any praise for my movie from anyone' people. 

Can I just say Lord Miller both have the best profiles for any director

Lord: The Cloney w a Chance of Jump Balls Movie

Miller: So they're making a movie out of Lego bricks and a sequel to 21 Jump Street? Hollywood is officially out of ideas.

:wub: