Ash Skywalker

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | In theaters

I just watched the first one. I wasn't very impressed by it, it's watchable but doesn't do anything particularly well. With some luck the sequel will be better(?)

Heh, I think it is better than anything in Divergent (which I assume you don't like either) and MJ1. Tbh, if you didn't liked the first one, everything points towards the sequel being worst. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

Shit was like watching 5 movies and a Last Of Us ripoff mashed together. It coulda ended at least 5 times before it did, but this shit was hot as hell.

8/10 (it also had that lightskined goddess from GoT, that's worth a + in my opinion)

Heh, I think it is better than anything in Divergent (which I assume you don't like either) and MJ1. Tbh, if you didn't liked the first one, everything points towards the sequel being worst. 

I would guess it's probably better than Divergent but I haven't seen that yet.

Way preferred MJ1 to Maze Runner too. Oh well. I'll find out what I feel about the sequel on Sunday when I watch it regardless. :)

• Like 1

This is not terrible. Early reviews don't say either. Terrible is what, 20% below?

Is this based on a RT scale? I say anything below 59% generally isn't good, but the degree of how bad it stinks obviously depends how from there it goes. A film at 40% is bad no doubt, but a film at 10% is a pile of turd.

Is this based on a RT scale? I say anything below 59% generally isn't good, but the degree of how bad it stinks obviously depends how from there it goes. A film at 40% is bad no doubt, but a film at 10% is a pile of turd.

59% is mixed imo. A 60% movie, a fresh one is not that different from a movie that gets 50%.

Sometimes movies in the 50% - 70% range are more enjoyable than those with 90% scores ha ha.

• Like 2

59% is mixed imo. A 60% movie, a fresh one is not that different from a movie that gets 50%.

Sometimes movies in the 50% - 70% range are more enjoyable than those with 90% scores ha ha.

In a way I agree, there are 50-70% I do like/love and I found that RT was to harsh on and vice versa some films that I found RT over hype on. More often than not I do generally find I agree with what RT says. Only thing I will say is that I might have not liked a film that was rated 90% or higher, but I don't think it's ever happened where RT rated a film below 20% or even 10% and Ive liked it.

• Like 1

I still think this will open bigger than the first one, btw.

Wait, is there speculation that it will open under the last one? Maybe I sound like such a biased fanboy, but I don't see how that can happen. A sequel to a leggy original (that isn't called Ted 2) will usually out-open its predecessor. The tracking said 50, so I'm surprised if it does less than 40.
  • Like 1

Wait, is there speculation that it will open under the last one? Maybe I sound like such a biased fanboy, but I don't see how that can happen. A sequel to a leggy original (that isn't called Ted 2) will usually out-open its predecessor. The tracking said 50, so I'm surprised if it does less than 40.

I don't know how fans and casual moviegoers will react to it. But yes, I see at least 40 M.

Here is the hard thing about RT

Lets say a film has a 90% but every critic agrees its a low B/B - 

or a film that has a 50% but half give it an A  and half give it a C- 

Which movie is better? 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 1

That's why I pay attention to both the Tomatoscore and the average rating. A movie that gets 90% merely means that 90% of critics viewed the movie in a generally positive light and would essentially recommend it, but if the average rating is a 6.5/10 it's a pretty weak recommendation. Basically 90% kinda liked it, or at least didn't dislike it. Now if the average rating was 8.5/10, now we're talking.

Lets say a film has a 90% but every crochet agrees its a low B/B -

or a film that has a 50% but half give it an A and half give it a C-

Which movie is better?

The average rating works out the same for both movies, so in this case I would look to the Tomatoscore - and even though individual critics gave Movie A the same average rating as Movie B, far more of them viewed Movie A in an overall positive light than Movie B.

Edited by Nutterbutter