Ash Skywalker

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | In theaters

One thing that did erk me about this movie is the lack of Giant Spiders.

Like... this movie clearly sets up a world with a clear lack of Giant Spiders. There's no mention of Giant Spiders. Nobody has any reaction to the prospect of Giant Spiders even existing in the outside world. It's like they forgot that a couple of days ago they came face to face with Giant Spiders. So what's the deal with the Giant Spiders in the first movie? How did they come to be? Who made these Giant Spiders? Why would anyone develop Giant Spiders when people are turning into zombies?

And how come these people can last days without food and water in the middle of a desert? Why does nobody mention that they have no food? Are they not hungry?

It is clearly implied in the first movie those spiders are created by WCKD for the Maze tests. Don't make shit up breh.

When?

Apart from them having some WCKD gear on them there's nothing that implies that WCKD created those Spiders. And why would they create giant spiders? There's zombies outside but for some reason somebody felt the need to invest time and money into the creation of Giant Spiders? It's insanity.

If they could even create Giant Spiders why wouldn't they just make everything, like Chicken and cattle, giant sized? It would end the famine.

Edited by AJG

When?

Apart from them having some WCKD gear on them there's nothing that implies that WCKD created those Spiders. And why would they create giant spiders? There's zombies outside but for some reason somebody felt the need to invest time and money into the creation of Giant Spiders? It's insanity.

If they could even create Giant Spiders why wouldn't they just make everything, like Chicken and cattle, giant sized? It would end the famine.

Money? Who would bother with money in the apocalypse?

End the famine and die later as or by a zombie?

Edited by Mad Trials 23

When?

Dude, you are just making shit up as you go :lol: It has gear and they are fucking giant MECHANIC spiders. Of course they were created by them. Plus there is a scene in the trailer for Scorch Trials where they find those spiders in WCKD's headquarters. The spiders are part of the test to find a cure for the disease that destroyed the world. The same disease that turned people into some sort of zombies. I assume it is in the movie as well.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

Dude, you are just making shit up as you go :lol: It has gear and they are fucking giant MECHANIC spiders. Of course they were created by them. Plus there is a scene in the trailer for Scorch Trials where they find those spiders in WCKD's headquarters. The spiders are part of the test to find a cure for the disease that destroyed the world. The same disease that turned people into some sort of zombies. I assume it is in the movie as well.

That's what those giant test tube things were? I had no idea, I thought they were some sort of weird human clones that were still evolving and paid it no mind. But still, they're never brought up, or referenced, and you only see the tubes for a couple of seconds. Are they just creating giant spiders in order to "patrol" the mazes? Are the giant spiders being used to help find a cure? Why spiders? 

That's what those giant test tube things were? I had no idea, I thought they were some sort of weird human clones that were still evolving and paid it no mind. But still, they're never brought up, or referenced, and you only see the tubes for a couple of seconds. Are they just creating giant spiders in order to "patrol" the mazes? Are the giant spiders being used to help find a cure? Why spiders? 

I have never read the third book and I am sure most is explained there. But the Maze was a test to find the cure and the spiders were part of it. Why? Idk. But it is said in the ending of the first movie the Maze was a test created to help find the cure to the disease.