Ash Skywalker

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | In theaters

Im debating whether or not this was better than Catching Fire. 

Hunger Games is starting to look like a lesser franchise right now.

Come now. I respect your opinion, but you're just wrong.  :P

I actually liked The Maze Runner, but there were serious flaws. if reviews for Scorch are any indication I'm sure I'll find more flaws in this franchise. THG franchise is on a whole different level than TMR, Divergent or Twilight.

• Like 1

I did like the first Maze Runner more than the first Hunger Games. Will be interesting to see if that holds up with this vs Catching Fire

I actually agree with this but I never said it to avoid being dragged to the streets of BOT and get shamed by the fanboys  :ph34r:

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

Im debating whether or not this was better than Catching Fire. 

Hunger Games is starting to look like a lesser franchise right now.

Well MR franchise doesn't have a shitty Twilight level love triangle that the tweens can latch onto so for that alone it'll be smaller. Even if the action and tension in MR alone was better than anything in THG and easily on par with Catching Fire. MJ1 had like one or two sort of action scenes so it doesn't even qualify.

Well MR franchise doesn't have a shitty Twilight level love triangle that the tweens can latch onto so for that alone it'll be smaller. Even if the action and tension in MR alone was better than anything in THG and easily on par with Catching Fire. MJ1 had like one or two sort of action scenes so it doesn't even qualify.

Well, TMR has a bunch of cliches that makes me cringe hard, and the action is meaningless if you aren't invested in the characters, which are laughably bad.

The 3 THG are all better than TMR, they are in a whole different level.

Well, TMR has a bunch of cliches that makes me cringe hard, and the action is meaningless if you aren't invested in the characters, which are laughably bad.

The 3 THG are all better than TMR, they are in a whole different level.

I disagree, but there is no point in arguing. If it is your opinion, I respect it. 

I just read the synopsis of the book on Wiki.

It'll be interesting to see how fans react to this movie, because it honestly has very little to do with what I just read.

After seeing the first movie I knew the second would be pretty different from the book. There was no way they could make it similar to the second book with the stuff they cut from the first book.

Edited by CJohn

Critics Consensus on Rottentomatoes (after 33 reviews?): Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials offers an action-packed improvement over its predecessor, although the franchise still stands in the shadow of more successful YA adaptations.
Could of been worse. Quite neutral imo. This one is going to be close between fresh and rotten. Of course, if it could do $50m OW at the box office it won't matter. Fingers crossed. Edited by Knoxcore