grim22

Weekend Actuals 7/11-7/13. Apes 72.6M, Transformers 16.3M

Imagine if Dawn has a better multiplier than Rise. :o

I'm not saying it will... But man... Rise had a 3.2x multiplier and it came out in August. Theoretically it could happen. If the Monday number sticks I think Dawn will already be a lock for $215 million...
  • Like 1

I would love for the summer top 3 to be 

Apes: $245 million

TF4 : $240 million

Maleficent:  $235 million

DOFP nowhere in sight.   :lol:

:rolleyes: You're lucky that K1stpierre's so nice or I'd be shit-talking a franchise I actually like ((Hunger Games) right now.

• Like 1

I would love the summer movie results to have been:

1. Dragon 2

2. Edge of Tomorrow

3. Dawn of the Apes

4. Days of Futures Past

5. Godzilla

34. Transformers 4

35. Maleficent

but that's not gonna happen. Let's just be happy we get movies we enjoy still. I don't know how long that will last before we start seeing reboots of Snow White set in China...OH WAIT. Disney tried to make that movie with monks standing in for dwarfs. :bash: Thank God that didn't happen.

edit: Why isn't there a facepalm smiley?

• Like 2

I'm happy good movies got made and got attention, even if they didn't get as much viewership as shit like TRANSFORMERS or MALEFICENT. And they won't stop making good movies because of those two.

• Like 5

My ideal summer would be-

1. Godzilla

2. X-Men: Days of Future Past

3. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

4. Edge of Tomorrow

5. Guardians of the Galaxy

Alas. :(

Godzilla would have had to have been good for that to happen.

• Like 1

I see it playing out like Days of Future Past just a little less on its second weekend. X-Men had $8.2M on its first Tuesday. I'm not counting Monday given it was Memorial Day. Days did $32.5M on its second weekend. Mal and A Million Ways, the new releases, combined for $86M. I expect Planes, Sex Tape and Purge to combine for about $70M to $75M.

• Like 1